Raspberry Banana Smoothie
An easy and delicious smoothie filled with fresh fruit, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and other good for you ingredients. This raspberry smoothie makes a perfect healthy breakfast or snack!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
So it’s been a while since I’ve shared a smoothie recipe with you all and I figured it was about time to change that. Believe it or not, I do actually eat things other than candy, cookies, cheesecake, and well… you get it.
I tend to do most of my baking on the weekends, so during the week I try to keep most of my meals relatively healthy. With the occasional dessert thrown in there.
One thing that I love to make? Smoothies. I’ve mentioned it before, but at the end of the week I usually have a few overripe bananas leftover. Instead of throwing them out, I love to bake with them or slice them up and freeze them to use for smoothies during the week.
This banana and raspberry smoothie is perfect for a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast that you can take on the go with you. It’s even great for a post workout snack too. This smoothie is so creamy and delicious, I can’t get enough of it! I guarantee you will love it too!
This raspberry smoothie recipe comes together with a handful of ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Banana: Needs to be sliced and then frozen. Don’t add a whole, unsliced frozen banana to the smoothie, otherwise your blender will struggle to blend it up.
- Raspberries: You can use fresh or frozen berries.
- Almond Breeze Almondmilk: Yes, this is a fruit smoothie with almond milk! Almond milk is subtly sweet and creamy.
- Greek yogurt: I love to use vanilla Greek yogurt because it tastes good and adds a little protein to the smoothie. You’re welcome to use another flavor, if desired.
- Oats: These may seem like a weird ingredient and you can definitely leave them out, but they help to thicken up the smoothie a bit and add a little more staying power too.
- Honey: I prefer using honey to sweeten my almond milk smoothie, but you can use your sweetener of choice.
How to Make a Raspberry Smoothie
This raspberry banana smoothie recipe starts with one of my favorite things, Almond Breeze Almondmilk. I made the switch to almond milk years ago and never looked back. In fact, it’s the only milk that we buy anymore and my husband even uses it in his cereal too.
Along with the almond milk, you’ll add in your frozen banana, some fresh or frozen raspberries, Greek yogurt, oats, and a little honey to sweeten it up a bit. Blend everything up until smooth, then enjoy!
Can I Use Another Type of Milk?
If you have a nut allergy, try using another one of Almond Breeze’s non-dairy milks instead. Their coconut milk would work nicely in this recipe! Regular milk will work just fine too though.
Can I Use Another Type of Yogurt?
Yes, any type of yogurt will work in this recipe. Just keep in mind that Greek yogurt will make for the thickest smoothie.
- I love the combination of raspberries and banana, but this raspberry smoothie can be made with any combination of frozen fruits you like.
- For a thicker smoothie, use all frozen fruit. You can even throw in a handful of ice cubes if you like your smoothies to be really thick.
- Make sure to use a high-powered blender for this recipe. Depending on the quality of your blender, you may need to scrape down the sides of the canister a few times to get everything to blend up properly.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes to Try!
- Spinach Banana Smoothie
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
- No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Almond Granola Bars
- Banana Baked Oatmeal Cups
Banana Raspberry Smoothie
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (adjust to taste)
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately.
I love smoothies even in the cold weather we’re having, and almond milk is almost always in mine! This looks so creamy and delicious, and I love the raspberry-banana combination!
What a beautiful, vibrant colour, Danielle! I love almond milk. The Almond Breeze brand hasn’t always been available here in Australia (as it’s imported from the US I presume, so was a little slow to arrive on the market), but I’ve been seeing it around lately and it’s delicious! I love both the sweetened and unsweetened versions. This is such a fantastic breakfast idea. Pinned!
I love both versions too, it’s definitely my favorite almond milk. Thanks for the kind words and for pinning, Lisa!
We are smoothie twins! This looks delicious 🙂
We are! Great minds think alike, right? 😉
Raspberry and banana is awesome together, the smoothie looks great!
Ohh this looks so good! I know it has been so freezing cold but I have still been drinking smoothies! I love this flavor combo!
I kind of forgot it’s winter, we’ve had such warm weather this winter! But I agree, I still love them when it’s cold outside too 😉 Thanks, Annie!
I love how pretty this smoothie is! Pink pink pink!
Looks fresh and delicious! Lovely combination! Pinning!
Bananas + raspberries go so well together. This smoothie looks so refreshing and gorgeous, Danielle.
This smoothie looks SO pretty! I love making them for breakfast too. And smoothies are so fun to customize, too! This raspberry banana version sounds delicious!
They are definitely fun to customize! Thanks, Gayle 🙂
Ahhh! I love the color of this smoothie! Pink smoothies are always just so fun to drink especially if there’s berries involved!
This smoothie is gorgeous, Danielle! Love smoothies and they’re one of my favourite things to eat for breakfast! Really like the raspberry and banana flavour. I’m going to give the recipe a try!
Thank you, Jess!
Raspberry and banana sound wonderful together in a smoothie!
Ive been having smoothies every morning for breakfast, so I cant wait to try this one soon. I love anything with raspberries!
This smoothie looks so delicious! Love the beautiful pink color! What a great breakfast that’s so healthy and good for you!
Thank you, Melanie!
The best smoothie! I love the raspberry and banana combo and your pics are beautiful!
Thank you, Jess! That means a lot because your pictures are always so gorgeous 🙂
This is such a gorgeous smoothie!! That almond milk is my absolute favorite!
I love raspberries! What a great smoothie to start the day with!
Lovely combo ! Looks so creamy and delicious!
This is such a pretty smoothie! The raspberry and banana combo sound perfect and I love the almond milk in here!
Thank you, Kelly!
Can I use 2% milk, will that make a huge difference in the taste/nutritional value?
That would be fine, I don’t think it will affect the taste very much.
I am excited to try every recipe!! Thank you!!
I’d love to hear if you try any recipes, Joyce!
Could I use a non Greek Yogurt? And if so witch one, they have so many. Also could I use skim milk to take the place of the almond. Thank you for your time and help
You can use any flavor or kind of Greek yogurt that you prefer and skim milk will be just fine too.