These Skinny Mocha Cheesecake Bars are lightened up with Greek yogurt and less sugar! Serve these bars for an easy and lighter dessert.
I think that every day should include two things, coffee and chocolate. Who’s with me?
Oh and a little cheesecake. So today I’m bringing you these Skinny Mocha Cheesecake Bars. It’s like three delicious things all rolled into one bar. The best part? They’re lightened up too!
My skinny jeans are thanking me right about now.
So what makes these bars a little lighter? First, the crust is a little lighter than your usual cheesecake recipes with just 6 full-sheet graham crackers and a little bit of butter (just 2.5 tablespoons!). Instead of your usual two or more packages of cream cheese, you’ll be using one package of cream cheese and some Greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt adds a little bit of protein and keeps these bars on the lighter side.
Now there is some sugar in this recipe. But there’s only 1/3 cup and split between 12 bars it’s really not that bad. If you prefer your cheesecake a little sweeter you can definitely feel free to add a couple extra tablespoons of sugar into the cheesecake filling.
And of course, there’s the melted chocolate and coffee flavor too. When you combine the two into this cheesecake, it creates one seriously delicious mocha flavored cheesecake that will leave you coming back for more.
These bars also freeze really well too, which is what I did with them after taking these pictures. Enjoy!
Skinny Mocha Cheesecake Bars
- 6 full-sheets chocolate graham crackers
- 2.5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 8-ounce package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and set aside.
- Add the chocolate graham crackers to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a small bowl and mix with the melted butter until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan, pressing it down firmly.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and mix until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, add the instant coffee and hot water and mix until fully dissolved. Add into the mixing bowl, along with the Greek yogurt, flour, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the egg and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared crust and spread it out evenly.
- Bake at 325°F for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.