These Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups are easy to make and perfect to enjoy for breakfast throughout the week!
I don’t know about you, but the start of a new week always feels like a fresh start to me. After the weekend, I’m ready to get back to eating better and start my mornings with a lighter and healthier breakfast option.
Since I work a full-time job along with maintaining a blog, I’m usually up early in the mornings working on blog work before the day even starts. Sometimes I tend to get so into working that I forget to even make something for breakfast. I know, I know.
But lately, I’ve been working on some easy options that I can enjoy throughout the week or take on the go and these baked blueberry oatmeal cups fit the bill!
These little oatmeal cups have a slightly soft and chewy texture and they make a pretty healthy breakfast too. They’re lightly sweetened with some honey and just a touch of brown sugar. If you prefer a sweeter version, you can feel free to increase the brown sugar from 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup. But, I actually prefer them as written in the recipe.
And the fresh blueberries on top? They really make these! They add a nice pop of fresh fruit that pairs perfectly with the oatmeal cups.
They’re also perfect warmed up and enjoyed with a little Greek yogurt and a nice cup of Lipton’s Purple Acai Blueberry Tea.
Speaking of Lipton Tea, it’s a brand that Josh and I absolutely love and always keep in our home. Lately, the Purple Acai Blueberry Tea has been my go-to tea of choice!
Lipton’s updated green teas have a light, fresh taste, bright clearer color and a delightful aroma. You will enjoy the uplifting and refreshing flavor in every sip of Lipton Green Teas! You can check out the full line-up of Lipton Green, Black and Herbal tea flavors here.
The recipe will make a batch of 12 oatmeal cups, so you can store them in the refrigerator to enjoy throughout the week with a warm cup of Lipton Tea. You can also freeze them and then heat them up real quick in the microwave for a quick and easy breakfast to take on the go.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan very well with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined (the mixture will be a little wet, this is okay).
- Using a scoop or large spoon, evenly distribute the mixture between all 12 cavities in the muffin pan. Make sure to get an even amount of the oats and liquid in each cup. Evenly distribute the blueberries between all of the oatmeal cups and gently press them into the top (or you can mix them in with the mixture instead).
- Bake at 350°F for 25-27 minutes, or until the tops of the oatmeal cups are firm. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the oatmeal cups from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.