This Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is easy to make and perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast or snack throughout the week!
Josh and I went on our trip to Colorado last week and while it involved A LOT of driving, it was really a lot of fun. But now it’s back to reality and we’ve been slowly getting back into our routine and trying to unpack everything.
I’ve been really trying to focus this week on easier meals that don’t require a lot of time. This past weekend I made another batch of this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal so that we had something to warm up and eat for a quick and easy breakfast. Now that it’s also back to school time, I thought this would be the perfect time to share it all with you too. Because I can’t possibly be the only one rushing out the door every morning? That’s not just me, right?
The base of this recipe starts with some old fashioned rolled oats. For this recipe, I love to use Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats because they’re so versatile, rich in dietary fiber, and can help reduce cholesterol. With all of the butter and sugar that goes through my kitchen, it’s nice to make and share recipes with you all that are healthier too.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s sweetened naturally with bananas and honey. There’s nothing better than an easy breakfast in the morning that you can also feel good about eating. If you’re looking for a gluten free option, you can replace the oats in this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats.
Baked oatmeal has kind of a soft and chewy texture, but it’s absolutely delicious and even perfect for picky eaters. I love to make a batch of this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal and eat it over some Greek yogurt. It’s also great with a little pure maple syrup, almond milk, or fresh fruit on top.
I’ve also tested this recipe with frozen blueberries and they work great too, which means that you can make this recipe all year round. If you are using frozen blueberries, just make sure to gently mix them in so they don’t turn your oatmeal purple. You can also change up the berries in this recipe and use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
- 2 and ¼ cups Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas or 3 medium bananas)
- ¾ cup milk*
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan well with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the mashed banana, milk, honey, egg, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth it out into one even layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until the top is set and lightly golden brown. Mine is usually perfect around 35-36 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve warm, or cool completely, cover tightly, and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
*If using frozen blueberries, make sure to gently stir them in so they do not bleed their color and turn the oatmeal purple.
Be sure to head on over to Bob’s Red Mill for a coupon to use towards your next purchase too!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.