This buffalo chicken dip is super creamy and delicious with just the right amount of heat. Serve this dip at your next football party for an appetizer that is sure to please!
Football season is among us! I felt that it was only appropriate to make a recipe that was perfect for football season. Truth be told, this dip was meant to be little buffalo chicken bites. Have you ever seen those pictures people post when they try something from Pinterest and it turns out horribly wrong? Yeah, my original idea seemed great in my head.. but in actuality? Not so much.
Let’s just say the end result was not so pretty. While they tasted delicious, they looked like a horrible version of a pop tart filled with buffalo chicken dip. I pulled them out of the oven and my husband just laughed and told me maybe I should just stick with my original idea of making a dip.
Ok, fine. Sometimes simpler is better anyways.
This dip is super creamy and a little spicy thanks to the cream cheese and buffalo sauce. I also added ranch dressing to the mix because it’s not a buffalo dip without a little dressing! I used mozzarella cheese in my dip, but I’m sure cheddar or even blue cheese would work well also. I tried to find a good balance between not too spicy and a little spicy, but feel free to adjust the buffalo sauce to your taste.
This dip is great served with some tortilla chips. You can make this ahead of time and pop it in the oven right before your guests arrive. Enjoy!
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (or blue cheese dressing)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (or cheddar or blue cheese)
- 1½ cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking dish well with cooking spray and set aside.*
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, mix the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and dressing until smooth.
- Add in the cheese, chicken, and garlic and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the dip is warm all of the way through.
- Serve immediately.
Need a few more ideas for appetizers? Try one of these recipes too!
Mini Tortilla Crust Pizzas (easily customizable!)
Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip (a lighter option with no mayo)
Baked Mozzarella Sticks (only about 50 calories each!)