This peppermint fudge is the perfect Christmas treat. With only five ingredients, it’s easy to make and tastes delicious.
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for a $300 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway as well!
Growing up, my dad never cooked. Unless you count the occasional frozen meal in the microwave or heating up some water on the stove top for some hot chocolate, he avoided cooking at all costs.
But, there is once a year that you better believe my Dad is in the kitchen cooking up a storm. Any guesses as to what will drive him to actually want to cook something? It’s fudge. But not just any fudge recipe, he absolutely loves the recipe that comes on the back of the marshmallow fluff cans (plastic containers?). Every year before Christmas, it’s almost guaranteed that he will be in the kitchen at least once stirring away to make his beloved fudge.
For the most part, I really enjoy cooking and baking. But when it comes to certain recipes, I try to find shortcuts or an easier route. Fudge is definitely one of those recipes. Call me lazy, but I can find better things to do with my time than constantly stirring away to make a batch of fudge. Like… eating it? Or making more fudge?
While the fudge my dad makes every year is insanely delicious (hellloooo sugar overload!), I like to take the easier route.
Meet the easiest fudge recipe you will ever make in your life. No really. It’s so easy and pretty much impossible to mess up. Who doesn’t love a recipe like that?
I made two separate layers for this fudge because I think it looks so much prettier! However, if you want you can just use all chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. I’ve included in the notes how to do this, either way is delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 and ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract (or more, taste and adjust according to your preference)
- ½ cup crushed candy canes (about 5-6 candy canes)
- Line an 8 in square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray well with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a double boiler (if you do not have double boiler, see notes), add the chocolate chips and ⅔ cup of the sweetened condensed milk and mix until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and pour the chocolate fudge mixture into the prepared baking pan. Spread the fudge mixture evenly with the back of spoon and transfer to the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, rinse the bowl you just used out well and wipe completely dry. Return it back to the heat and add the white chocolate chips and the remaining ⅔ cup of the sweetened condensed milk and mix until melted and smooth.
- Remove it from the heat and add the peppermint extract. If you prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, feel free to taste and adjust to your preference. Gently stir in half of the crushed candy canes (about ¼ cup), making sure not to over mix them too much.
- Spread the white chocolate fudge on top of the cooled chocolate layer and smooth with the back of a spoon. Add the remaining crushed candy canes on top and gently press them down.
- Return the baking pan back to the refrigerator and refrigerate for about two hours, or until the fudge is set.
- Remove the fudge out of the pan by lifting the edges of the aluminum foil and place on cutting board. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
If you prefer to use just one kind of chocolate, simply melt 3 cups of EITHER the semi sweet chocolate chips OR white chocolate chips with the entire can of sweetened condensed milk. Once smooth and melted, add the peppermint extract and candy canes as noted in the recipe above. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and refrigerate.
Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Now for the best part! Since Christmas is just around the corner, I’ve teamed up with some other amazing bloggers to giveaway a $300 Amazon Gift Card. To enter, simply use the PromoSimple widget below, enter your information, and follow each one of us on Pinterest or Instagram – for each follow you will gain one additional entry!
This giveaway is open to the US & Canada 18+. Don’t forget to check out all of the other fantastic bloggers hosting this giveaway. Happy Monday and good luck!
Bakerita – Bites of Bri – Flavor the Moments – Flying on Jess Fuel – Inspiration Kitchen – Kristine’s Kitchen – Live Well Bake Often – Maebells – My Sequined Life – Olives and Garlic – Pumpkin ‘N Spice – Savory Nothings – Sweet & Delish – Sweet Peas and Saffron – Tastes Lovely – The Recipe Rebel – The Well Floured Kitchen – Whole and Heavenly Oven