This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoundMyDelight #CollectiveBias
These Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes are easy to make and perfect for breakfast!
My love for baked donuts continues with these Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes. Ever since the first time I made baked donuts, I’ve been hooked on them. They’re definitely different than fried donuts, they tend to have more of a cakey texture. But I think baked donuts and donut holes are absolutely delicious in their own way. In fact, I actually prefer the baked version over the fried version any day.
Plus, these baked donut holes have a special ingredient in them that makes them taste even better.
The secret ingredient in these little baked donut holes? International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato. The iced coffee adds a little extra something to these donut holes that I absolutely love and I think you will too. The best part about this recipe is that you only need 1/2 cup, so that means there’s leftover iced coffee for you to enjoy along with your donut holes.
Or you could go ahead and buy the International Delight Iced Coffee Mocha flavor and enjoy that too. Both are seriously so good and make you feel like you’re drinking something from a coffee shop, but without the hassle of actually going to a coffee shop.
Since it’s been so hot outside, I grabbed a few containers of International Delight Iced Coffee while I was at Walmart this past weekend. The best part about International Delight Iced Coffee is that it’s already prepared for you, all you have to do it pour it over some ice and enjoy. You can keep the iced coffee in your refrigerator and pour a glass whenever a coffee craving strikes. It’s really the easiest iced coffee you will ever buy!
And since you’re not having to leave your house to go pick up an iced coffee, you can mix up a batch of baked donut holes too. Because the only thing better than a glass of iced coffee, is a glass of iced coffee with donut holes.
I’ve always loved making baked donuts because they’re so easy to make. Simply mix up the batter, pipe or spoon it into a mini muffin pan, and bake! I dipped these donut holes into some melted butter, then a nice coating of cinnamon and sugar. You could also make a glaze with some powdered sugar and the iced coffee and dip them into that instead. Just thinking about that is making me want to make another batch.
Or you could even dip them into some homemade salted caramel sauce.
These Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes are good straight out of the oven, but when you add the coating to these they literally melt in your mouth when you take a bite. Actually, I think it’s about time to make a second batch. I mean we made it through Monday, so we deserve a little something special. Right?
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes Baking Tips:
- When mixing the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together, make sure to mix until everything is just combined. Over mixing the batter can lead to dense donut holes.
- For an easier way to fill the mini muffin cavities, scoop the batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag with the corner snipped off and pipe the batter into each cavity. This makes it so much easier to fill them and less messy too!
- Make sure to only fill the mini muffin cavities just 3/4th of the way full, so they don’t overflow in the pan. You should get exactly 24 donut holes with this recipe.
- It’s best to allow the donut holes to cool completely before dipping them into the melted butter and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee, Greek yogurt, sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Pipe (or spoon) the batter evenly into all 24 mini muffin cavities, only filling each one about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the donut holes comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Gently remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Add the melted butter to small bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Take each donut hole and dunk it into the melted butter, making sure it is fully coated. Then dip it into the cinnamon and sugar mixture, making sure to coat well. Repeat until all of the donut holes are coated, then serve and enjoy!
You can easily find International Delight Iced Coffee in the refrigerated tea/juice section at Walmart!
You can also find more recipe inspiration with International Delight Iced Coffee here too.