These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars only require 5 simple ingredients and can be prepared in about 10 minutes. The perfect easy dessert for chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
Happy Thursday, friends! It’s been a little quiet on the blog the last couple weeks, but I promise there’s a good reason. If you’ve been by my site lately you may have noticed that it got a much-needed redesign. If you haven’t seen it yet, you can hop on over to the homepage to check it out!
Also new on the blog today are these delicious no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars. If you’ve never tried them before then you are in for a real treat! The taste of these bars kind of reminds me of a Reese’s peanut butter cup and they’re incredibly simple to throw together.
You only need 5 ingredients to make these bars (that’s including the peanut butter and chocolate, obviously) and they only take about 10 minutes to prep. The best part? You don’t even have to turn your oven on the make them!
To make these peanut butter bars, you’ll start out by making the peanut butter layer which is just a simple mixture of melted butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs.
It helps to whisk together the melted butter and peanut butter first, then whisk in the powdered sugar, and then the graham cracker crumbs. The mixture will seem a little soft, but it will firm up and slice easily once it’s refrigerated for about an hour and a half.
Also, I know that graham cracker crumbs are not readily available in other countries so a good alternative would be digestive biscuits or something similar.
Once you mix up the peanut butter mixture, you’ll press it into a 9×13 pan and make the chocolate topping.
The chocolate topping is just a simple mixture of chocolate chips and some more peanut butter. You’ll need 2 cups of chocolate chips for the topping, which is equal to one 12-ounce bag. The peanut butter is also necessary for the topping because it helps keep the chocolate layer a little softer, so you can easily slice into these bars.
Once the mixture is melted and smooth, just pour it on top of the peanut butter layer and spread it around.
Then, just cover the bars and let them chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour and a half so that they have enough time to firm up.
Or, you can just prep these the night before and take them out of the refrigerator when you’re ready to serve them.
Baking Tips for No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- It’s best to line your pan with foil or parchment paper before getting started. This will make it much easier to lift the bars out of the pan and slice them!
- When adding the graham cracker crumbs, make sure to only mix in 1 cup at a time. It will seem like quite a bit, but the mixture will come together just fine.
- You may also cut this recipe in half and use an 8×8 pan. The chilling time for the bars will remain the same.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
For the peanut butter layer:
- 1 cup (230 grams) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup (250 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (240 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (240 grams) graham cracker crumbs
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (65 grams) creamy peanut butter
To make the peanut butter layer:
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and set aside.
- Combine the melted butter and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until fully combined. Then, add the graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup at a time, and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan and press it down into one even layer. Set aside.
To make the chocolate topping:
- Add the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30 increments, stirring well after each increment, until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter layer and spread it around into one even layer.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 1 and 1/2 hours or until the bars are firm and the chocolate topping is set. Once the bars are firm, lift them out of the pan using the overhang from the foil or parchment paper, slice, and enjoy!