These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies are incredibly easy to make, dense, chewy, and loaded with peanut butter and chocolate chips. The perfect easy dessert to enjoy any time of year!
Do you ever have those days when you need an easy recipe? Maybe it’s a simple dessert you want to throw together without having to go to the store. Or maybe you’re just craving something simple and sweet. When that happens, I always fall back on something easy and delicious like these peanut butter chocolate chip blondies.
Blondies are kind of similar to brownies, they’re super moist, dense, and easy to make. The only exception is that blondies don’t have any cocoa powder or melted chocolate mixed into the batter like brownies.
To be honest, I almost didn’t post the recipe for these blondies because they’re so simple and easy. But sometimes simple and easy recipes usually turn out to be the best. You can mix everything up for these blondies in one bowl and you may already have everything in your pantry to make a batch. You can even swap out the chocolate chips for something else like peanut butter chips or Reese’s pieces.
To make these bars, you’ll start with some melted butter and brown sugar. I find that brown sugar adds a little extra moisture to these blondies and it makes them a little chewier too. Plus, brown sugar pairs perfectly with peanut butter.
Speaking of the peanut butter, I like to use a creamy peanut butter in these blondies. I suggest sticking to a brand of peanut butter like Jif if you can.
Along with the wet ingredients, you’ll be using some all-purpose flour, salt, and chocolate chips. Once everything is mixed up, just scoop it into your baking pan and pop the blondies into the oven.
It’s important not to overbake these blondies so they stay nice and moist, so I usually let mine bake for 30-35 minutes. The blondies will look set on the top and as they cool, they’ll continue to firm up.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200 grams) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (95 grams) semisweet chocolate chips, plus more to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add in the flour and salt and mix until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it around into one even layer. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top if desired and gently press them into the top of the blondies.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the blondies are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into the bars.