Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are incredibly easy to make, dense, chewy, and loaded with peanut butter and chocolate chips. The perfect easy dessert to enjoy any time of year!
Do you ever have those days when you need an easy recipe? Maybe it’s a simple dessert you want to throw together without having to go to the store. Or maybe you’re just craving something simple and sweet. When that happens, I always fall back on something easy and delicious like these peanut butter chocolate chip blondies.
Blondies are kind of similar to brownies, they’re super moist, dense, and easy to make. The only exception is that blondies don’t have any cocoa powder or melted chocolate mixed into the batter like brownies.
To be honest, I almost didn’t post the recipe for these bars because they’re so simple and easy. But sometimes simple and easy recipes usually turn out to be the best. You can mix everything up for these bars in one bowl and you may already have everything in your pantry to make a batch. You can even swap out the chocolate chips for something else like peanut butter chips or Reese’s pieces.
The ingredients list for these peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars is short and sweet. Here is what you will need:
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter since the amount of salt in salted butters can vary between different brands. If using salted butter, omit the salt called for in this recipe.
- Brown sugar: I find that brown sugar adds a little extra moisture to these blondies and it makes them a little chewier too. Plus, brown sugar pairs perfectly with peanut butter.
- Peanut butter: I like to use a creamy peanut butter in these bars. I suggest sticking to a brand of peanut butter like Jif or Skippy if you can.
- Egg: Needs to be room temperature before being added to the batter.
- Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- All-purpose flour: Spoon and level the flour when measuring it out.
- Salt: Enhances the peanut butter-chocolate flavor and balances out the sweetness of the batter.
- Chocolate chips: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but any kind will work.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
To make these bars, you’ll start by mixing together the melted butter and brown sugar, then mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
Once the wet ingredients are mixed together, mix in the flour and salt until just combined then fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop it into your baking pan and pop the blondies into the oven.
It’s important not to over bake these peanut butter chocolate chip bars so they stay nice and moist, so I usually let mine bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The blondies will look set on the top and as they cool, they’ll continue to firm up.
Store bars in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. They will also freeze well for up to 3 months. Wrap each bar tightly in plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag/container. Thaw to room temperature before serving.
- Use a brand of peanut butter like Jif or Skippy for this recipe. Natural peanut butter can result in slightly oily bars.
- You can substitute the chocolate chips for your favorite chopped up candy bar, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, etc.
- Spoon and level the flour when measuring it, otherwise your chocolate chip peanut butter cookie bars may turn out dry.
More Peanut Butter Desserts to Try!
- Soft & Chewy Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup (200 grams) light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour , spooned & leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (95 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips , plus more to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add in the flour and salt and mix until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it around into one even layer. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top if desired and gently press them into the top of the blondies.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the blondies are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into the bars.