An easy no-bake peanut butter pie on top of a homemade Oreo crust. The perfect pie to enjoy year-round!
On Monday we went over how to make a homemade Oreo pie crust with just two easy ingredients. So today I wanted to share a simple no-bake peanut butter pie recipe that pairs perfectly with that homemade Oreo crust.
I know that no-bake desserts tend to be more popular during the summer months, but I actually love to make them year-round. One time of year I love having no-bake pie recipes on hand is at Thanksgiving. Because let’s be real, your oven is already working overtime on Thanksgiving Day. Am I right?
Since this pie doesn’t require an oven, it’s perfect to make ahead of time or prepare while you have other things baking in the oven. And if you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, this is one recipe you’ll want to keep on hand!
I originally published this recipe back in 2015 and wanted to make some adjustments to the recipe to make it even better. I kept the Oreo crust the same on this pie, just a simple mixture of crushed Oreos and melted butter. You’ll mix the two together, press it into a pie dish, and then refrigerate it while you make the filling.
To make the filling, you’ll mix together some cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream. In the original recipe I used whipped topping, but nowadays I prefer to use heavy whipping cream whenever I can. Plus, I much prefer the taste of homemade whipped cream over whipped topping and it’s easy to make! It’s also best to whip the heavy whipping cream separately to make sure it’s properly whipped, then slowly mix it into the other ingredients.
Once you’ve prepared the creamy peanut butter filling, you’ll spread it around on top of the pie crust and refrigerate it for several hours. Since this pie needs to be refrigerated for 4-5 hours I prefer to make this the night before I plan to serve it.
Baking Tips for No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Once you make the pie crust, make sure to refrigerate it while you make the filling.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before getting started. This will ensure a much smoother peanut butter filling.
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (250 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (180 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
- Homemade whipped cream
- Miniature peanut butter cups
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Add the cookie crumbs and melted butter to a mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and firmly press it down into an even layer on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter cream cheese mixture and mix it in on low speed until just combined (or gently fold it in with a rubber spatula).
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator, pour the filling over the pie crust, and spread it around into one even layer.
- Cover and return to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. Once chilled top with whipped cream and peanut butter cups if desired. Cut into slices, serve, and enjoy!
Leftover pie may be covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Food Network