An easy no-bake peanut butter pie on top of a homemade Oreo crust. The perfect pie to enjoy year-round!
On Monday, we went over how to make a homemade Oreo pie crust with just two easy ingredients. So today I wanted to share a simple no-bake peanut butter pie recipe that pairs perfectly with that homemade Oreo crust.
I know that no-bake desserts tend to be more popular during the summer months, but I actually love to make them year-round. One time of year that I love having no-bake pie recipes on hand is at Thanksgiving. Because let’s be real, your oven is already working overtime on Thanksgiving Day. Am I right?
Since this pie doesn’t require an oven, it’s perfect to make ahead of time or prepare while you have other things baking in the oven. And if you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, this is one recipe you’ll want to keep on hand!
Ingredients for This Recipe
This Oreo peanut butter pie is so simple to make and requires minimal ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make this no-bake pie recipe:
- Oreos: Use the entire cookie, including the filling.
- Butter: I typically use unsalted butter because it’s what I keep on hand, but salted butter would be fine too.
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat, brick-style cream cheese for best results.
- Peanut butter: Use a traditional peanut butter, like Jif or Skippy. Natural peanut butters tend to separate when mixed into desserts.
- Powdered sugar: Also known as confectioners sugar or icing sugar. This sweetens the filling and helps to thicken it too.
- Vanilla extract: Adds tons of flavor!
- Heavy whipping cream: Should be at least 36% fat. In the original recipe I used whipped topping, but nowadays I prefer to use heavy whipping cream whenever I can. Plus, I much prefer the taste of homemade whipped cream over whipped topping and it’s easy to make!
How to Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
I originally published this recipe back in 2015 and wanted to make some adjustments to the recipe to make it even better. I kept the Oreo crust the same on this pie, which is just a simple mixture of crushed Oreos and melted butter. You’ll mix the two together, press it into a pie dish, and then refrigerate it while you make the filling.
To make the filling, you’ll mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream. It’s best to whip the heavy whipping cream separately to make sure it’s properly whipped, then slowly mix it into the other ingredients.
Once you’ve prepared the creamy peanut butter filling, you’ll spread it around on top of the pie crust and refrigerate it for several hours. Since this pie needs to be refrigerated for 4 to 5 hours I prefer to make this the night before I plan to serve it.
Can I Prep This Pie in Advance?
Yes! This peanut butter cream cheese pie can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
How to Store This Pie
Leftover Oreo peanut butter pie may be covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Once you make the pie crust, make sure to refrigerate it while you make the filling.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before getting started. This will ensure a much smoother peanut butter filling.
- I highly recommend topping this peanut butter cream cheese pie with whipped cream and mini peanut butter cups. It just looks cute!
More No-Bake Desserts to Try!
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Classic No-Bake Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Classic No-Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
For the crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) butter , melted
For the filling:
- 1 (8-ounce) package brick-style cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (250 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
- Homemade whipped cream
- Miniature peanut butter cups
To make the crust:
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Add the cookie crumbs and melted butter to a mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and firmly press it down into an even layer on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter cream cheese mixture and mix it in on low speed until just combined (or gently fold it in with a rubber spatula).
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator, pour the filling over the pie crust, and spread it around into one even layer.
- Cover and return to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. Once chilled top with whipped cream and peanut butter cups if desired. Cut into slices, serve, and enjoy!
Adapted from Food Network.