No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
An easy no-bake peanut butter pie on top of a homemade Oreo crust. The perfect pie to enjoy year-round!
On Monday, we went over how to make a homemade Oreo pie crust with just two easy ingredients. So today I wanted to share a simple no-bake peanut butter pie recipe that pairs perfectly with that homemade Oreo crust.
I know that no-bake desserts tend to be more popular during the summer months, but I actually love to make them year-round. One time of year that I love having no-bake pie recipes on hand is at Thanksgiving. Because let’s be real, your oven is already working overtime on Thanksgiving Day. Am I right?
Since this pie doesn’t require an oven, it’s perfect to make ahead of time or prepare while you have other things baking in the oven. And if you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, this is one recipe you’ll want to keep on hand!
Ingredients for This Recipe
This Oreo peanut butter pie is so simple to make and requires minimal ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make this no-bake pie recipe:
- Oreos: Use the entire cookie, including the filling.
- Butter: I typically use unsalted butter because it’s what I keep on hand, but salted butter would be fine too.
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat, brick-style cream cheese for best results.
- Peanut butter: Use a traditional peanut butter, like Jif or Skippy. Natural peanut butters tend to separate when mixed into desserts.
- Powdered sugar: Also known as confectioners sugar or icing sugar. This sweetens the filling and helps to thicken it too.
- Vanilla extract: Adds tons of flavor!
- Heavy whipping cream: Should be at least 36% fat. In the original recipe I used whipped topping, but nowadays I prefer to use heavy whipping cream whenever I can. Plus, I much prefer the taste of homemade whipped cream over whipped topping and it’s easy to make!
How to Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
I originally published this recipe back in 2015 and wanted to make some adjustments to the recipe to make it even better. I kept the Oreo crust the same on this pie, which is just a simple mixture of crushed Oreos and melted butter. You’ll mix the two together, press it into a pie dish, and then refrigerate it while you make the filling.
To make the filling, you’ll mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream. It’s best to whip the heavy whipping cream separately to make sure it’s properly whipped, then slowly mix it into the other ingredients.
Once you’ve prepared the creamy peanut butter filling, you’ll spread it around on top of the pie crust and refrigerate it for several hours. Since this pie needs to be refrigerated for 4 to 5 hours I prefer to make this the night before I plan to serve it.
Can I Prep This Pie in Advance?
Yes! This peanut butter cream cheese pie can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
How to Store This Pie
Leftover Oreo peanut butter pie may be covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Once you make the pie crust, make sure to refrigerate it while you make the filling.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before getting started. This will ensure a much smoother peanut butter filling.
- I highly recommend topping this peanut butter cream cheese pie with whipped cream and mini peanut butter cups. It just looks cute!
More No-Bake Desserts to Try!
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Classic No-Bake Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Classic No-Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
For the crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) butter , melted
For the filling:
- 1 (8-ounce) package brick-style cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (250 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
- Homemade whipped cream
- Miniature peanut butter cups
To make the crust:
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Add the cookie crumbs and melted butter to a mixing bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and firmly press it down into an even layer on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the peanut butter cream cheese mixture and mix it in on low speed until just combined (or gently fold it in with a rubber spatula).
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator, pour the filling over the pie crust, and spread it around into one even layer.
- Cover and return to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. Once chilled top with whipped cream and peanut butter cups if desired. Cut into slices, serve, and enjoy!
Adapted from Food Network.
YES. Now THIS is my kind of pie, Danielle! It looks perfect.
Thanks, Mir! I knew you’d totally love the chocolate and peanut butter combination 😉
Peanut butter pie is my absolute FAV sweet treat when it starts to get too warm outside to bake! I can definitely see why you made this pie so many times because it seriously looks that addicting! I’d love a slice now, thanks. 😀
Danielle – YUM! So looking forward to a long holiday weekend… and this AMAZING pie! I’m all about no baking! I’ll give my oven the weekend off ;). Great recipe!
My kind of dessert! Perfect for the warmer weather, when it comes to our area 🙂 So easy, too! Pinned to try it!
I could make no bake desserts all summer long and peanut butter is my fav! Looks amazing!
Same here, Christin! No bake desserts are just the best!
This is my perfect summer dessert! Pinned!
No-bake desserts are our favorite during the summer and you can’t beat peanut butter pie! This looks absolutely perfect, Danielle!
this is my favorite kind of dessert! Yum!!
I feel like you made this pie just for me! I love peanut butter cup everythingggg!
I totally do too, Natalie!
This looks AMAZING!! I’ve actually never made a no bake pie, but I’m not sure why. Seems pretty easy and sounds soooo delicious. I might need to start with this one!!
You should definitely give the no bake pies a try, Jess! They are the best 🙂
Oh this is definitely my kind of no-bake pie! I’m loving all of the peanut butter in here. So great for Memorial Day weekend, or any time really!
This pie looks SO good, and it’s ok if it’s a little melty…I find that appealing! I’m strange in that I like my ice cream softened. 🙂 Peanut butter pie is one of my favorites, too, and I wish I had a big slice!
It was sooo hard to keep it from getting melty, but I agree! I kind of like the look of it too! Thanks, Marcie 🙂
I’m with you No bake desserts are the best! This peanut butter pie looks amazing! I have to try this!
Haha, oh my goodness, photographing cold things when it’s hot is the worst! But this pie looks insanely delicious! Anything with peanut butter cups is a sure win in my book!
It really is the worst, but so worth it! Thanks, Michelle!
This pie looks heavenly, Danielle! I love PB and chocolate – so good! Loving the oreo cookie base! 😀
Yum! I love peanut butter and chocolate (who doesn’t?) and this no bake pie looks so good! I agree, frozen no bake desserts are the best when the weather warms up!
I can’t imagine anyone who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate! Haha! Thanks, Kristine 🙂
So I’ve never made a no bake dessert. Why have I not? I need to make this pie asap! It looks perfect for a summer party! Pinned!!
They’re so good! Definitely have to give them a try, Cyndi!
Peanut butter + chocolate + oreo’s?! This is my kinda recipe!
This looks just amazing! I love cool no bake pies like these in the summer- the hardest part is waiting for them to chill. We are twinning with the pies recently 🙂
The chill time is definitely the hardest part for me too. Pies are the best aren’t they? Yours sound incredible, Medha!
Love that this pie is no bake. Amazing.
Oh my gosh, this pie has all my weaknesses stuffed into one! It looks amazing, Danielle, and bonus marks for no bake!
Thank you, Denise! No-bake always wins in my book 😉
Just finished making this for tomorrow and it looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it! Definitely a keeper…I can tell!
So glad to hear that, Angela! Hope you enjoyed the pie! 🙂
I love making this for my family dessert.
I’m glad to hear that, Zondy! 🙂
I made two of these pies for Thanksgiving. My family had never tasted a peanut butter pie before. My grandson said it was the best pie he had ever eaten. I agree with him. It is my new favorite pie. Everyone loved it.
That’s so wonderful to hear, Jan! I’m glad everyone loved the pie 🙂
I have made this quite a few times using a recipe I found that is pretty much the same I changed a few things that had made it more like yours and the name to My Reese cup pie because my grandchildren wanted me to! They want me to fix it All the time;!! We have an are experimenting with chocolate and peanut butter all the time!!! I Love your recipes alot are easy and Delicious… Thanks Alot!! ?
So glad you’re enjoying the recipes on my site! I’d love to hear if you try any others 🙂