These no-bake chocolate peanut butter granola bars are made with just a few healthy ingredients and easy to make! These bars make a perfect snack or quick breakfast for those who are on the go.
Maybe it’s just me, but the start of a new year always feels like such a fresh start. While I’ve come to realize I’m absolutely horrible at sticking with New Year’s resolutions, I still love when January rolls around. I feel like I’m more productive.. even if it only lasts for a month.
After all of the holiday treats we’ve been eating around here, I’ve finally realized I need a little more balance in my eating habits. While I love baking desserts (and eating them), I do enjoy eating healthier too. This past weekend I had planned to make a batch of my no bake peanut butter granola bars but decided to experiment with a chocolate version instead.
I reduced the amount of quick oats and crisp rice cereal and added in some cocoa powder. These bars ended up turning out better than I expected! The mini chocolate chips are totally optional in these, but I highly recommend them. Who doesn’t love a little extra chocolate?
I love eating one of these for a quick snack or for those mornings when I’m running out the door. Actually, that’s more like every morning.
I do suggest storing these bars in the refrigerator since they become a little softer when left at room temperature. The good news is that they taste even better straight from the fridge!
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups quick oats* (170 grams)
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until just warm enough to mix together. Mix until fully combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the quick oats until fully combined and then add the crisp rice cereal and mini chocolate chips. The mixture should be thick, but if you feel it is a little too thick you can add a little less than a full cup of the cereal.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using your hands, firmly press the mixture into the pan.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the bars are set enough to cut into bars. Remove the aluminum foil/parchment paper from the pan and cut into 10-12 bars.
Store bars in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.