These pizza pinwheels are the perfect little appetizer for pizza lovers!
If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you’ve probably realized how much I love pizza by now. If I had to choose one food to live off of forever (besides dessert, obviously) it would definitely be pizza! Between the soft doughy crust, melted cheese, and endless choices of toppings I just can’t get enough pizza.
With the Superbowl quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to share an appetizer that involved my favorite food. Hello, pizza pinwheels!
I love these little pinwheels because they are so incredibly simple to make. Just unroll your crescent roll dough and press the seams together, top it with some Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and pepperonis and then roll them up and slice them!
I just used pepperonis in these pinwheels, but feel free to switch them out for your favorite toppings. I’m sure some chopped bell pepper, black olives, or anything similar would be delicious too!
Josh and I really loved these, they’re like eating pizza but in a mini bite-size form. These are best served warm, so just pop them in the oven about 20 minutes before you’re ready to eat. Serve these up with a little pizza sauce or even some ranch dressing for dipping.
This recipe will make 12 pinwheels, so feel free to double (or triple!) the recipe if you like. The more pizza, the better. Right?!
- 1 8 oz. package crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 pepperonis quartered (or 1/2 cup mini pepperonis)
- Optional: Pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silipat mat.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough into four separate rectangles and gently press the seams together.
- Evenly distribute the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and pepperonis (or toppings of choice) between each rectangle of dough.
- Starting with the short side, tightly roll up each rectangle (like the photo above in the post). Slice each roll into three separate pieces and place each one on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve with pizza sauce.