No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
These no-bake peanut butter granola bars take less than 10 minutes to make and are much healthier than most store-bought granola bars. These make a great snack or a quick breakfast on the go!
So how was everyone’s weekend? My weekend involved repainting cabinets (okay, my brother did that part), hanging the cabinet doors back on, putting on new hardware, and putting everything BACK into my cabinets.
Can I just take a minute to point out that you do not realize how much stuff you accumulate until it’s time to remodel or move? I have a million kitchen gadgets and Josh keeps hinting at me to get rid of some, so I parted ways with a few things. I can’t lie, it hurt a little saying goodbye to my juicer. R.I.P Juicer. You will be missed.
Our plan is to get the new sink, faucet, and countertops finished this weekend. I say plan because we all know how plans work out, especially because we’re doing it ourselves. Then next week will be new flooring, I’m currently dealing with a cold concrete floor.
So you’re probably thinking I made these no bake granola bars because of the state of my kitchen. But honestly I’ve been wanting to make a no bake granola bar recipe for a while now. The fact that my kitchen also looks like a hot mess right now means I don’t have much desire to cook.
I absolutely love no bake recipes because they’re always so much quicker and easier. I’m also on a major peanut butter and chocolate kick lately, if you haven’t noticed. Then again, I’m always down with some peanut butter and chocolate. Best. Combo. Ever.
These bars make a great snack or a quick breakfast to take with you when you’re in a hurry. Or just eat them whenever you feel like, like me. Enjoy!
Ingredients in This Recipe
These no-bake peanut butter granola bars are about as simple as it gets! Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Peanut butter: You’ll need to use a creamy peanut butter for this recipe. Traditional or natural peanut butter should work.
- Honey: Sweetens the bars and also helps them bind together.
- Oats: I recommend using quick oats for this recipe. If using old fashioned rolled oats, be sure to pulse them a few times in a food processor. This will break them down to about the same size as the quick oats.
- Crisp rice cereal: Adds a nice crunch to the bars.
- Salt: Balances out the sweetness from the honey.
- Cinnamon: Optional, but highly recommended. The cinnamon adds a subtle sweetness and extra flavor.
- Chocolate chips: Are melted and drizzled over the granola bars, because why not?
- Coconut oil: The coconut oil is not necessary for the chocolate drizzle, but it helps make it a little thinner and easier to work with.
How to Make Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Add the peanut butter and honey to a bowl and microwave until warm enough to stir together. Add in the remaining ingredients, then turn the mixture into a 8×8-inch baking pan.
Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, then drizzle liberally over the bars. Place the bars into the fridge or freezer to set. Don’t skip this step, otherwise you won’t be able to slice them!
How Long Do These Last?
These no-bake peanut butter granola bars will last up to 10 days in the fridge. Keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out.
- You need to line your baking dish with foil or parchment paper. This makes it easy to lift the bars out all at once and slice them.
- I topped these chewy peanut butter granola bars with a chocolate drizzle, you can feel free to leave it off.
- I’ve found that these bars don’t hold their shape too well and tend to become a little soft when left at room temperature for too long, so they’re best left refrigerated.
More Healthy Snack Recipes to Try!
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Almond Granola Bars
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats*
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
Chocolate Drizzle (optional):
- 3 tbsps. chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil*
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter and honey and microwave in 30-second increments until the mixture is smooth enough to easily stir together.
- Add in the quick oats, salt, and cinnamon and stir until well combined. Slowly add in the cereal, making sure to mix well.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking sheet and flatten down with hands or pastry roller.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and cut into 10 bars.