These no bake peanut butter granola bars take less than 10 minutes to make and are much healthier than most store bought granola bars. These make a great snack or a quick breakfast on the go!
So how was everyone’s weekend? My weekend involved repainting cabinets (okay, my brother did that part), hanging the cabinet doors back on, putting on new hardware, and putting everything BACK into my cabinets. Can I just take a minute to point out that you do not realize how much stuff you accumulate until it’s time to remodel or move? I have a million kitchen gadgets and Josh keeps hinting at me to get rid of some, so I parted ways with a few things. I can’t lie, it hurt a little saying goodbye to my juicer. R.I.P Juicer. You will be missed.
Our plan is to get the new sink, faucet, and countertops finished this weekend. I say plan because we all know how plans work out, especially because we’re doing it ourselves. Then next week will be new flooring, I’m currently dealing with a cold concrete floor. First world problems, I know.
So you’re probably thinking I made these no bake granola bars because of the state of my kitchen. But honestly I’ve been wanting to make a no bake granola bar recipe for a while now. The fact that my kitchen also looks like a hot mess right now means I don’t have much desire to cook. I lie, I have something baking in the oven right now.
I absolutely love no bake recipes because they’re always so much quicker and easier. I’m also on a major peanut butter and chocolate kick lately, if you haven’t noticed. Then again, I’m always down with some peanut butter and chocolate. Best. Combo. Ever. I topped these granola bars with a chocolate drizzle, you can feel free to leave it off. But I mean why would you want to do that, right?
These granola bars have a little crunch to them thanks to the crisp rice cereal. I love it! I’ve found that they don’t hold their shape too well and tend to become a little soft when left at room temperature for too long, so they’re best left refrigerated. That’s ok though, it just means you can eat one each time you open the fridge. Not that I know anything about that.
These bars also make a great snack or a quick breakfast to take with you when you’re in a hurry. Or just eat them whenever you feel like, like me. Enjoy!
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats*
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon optional
Optional Chocolate Drizzle:
- 3 tbsps. chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil*
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter and honey and microwave in 30 second increments until the mixture is smooth enough to easily stir together.
- Add in the quick oats, salt, and cinnamon and stir until well combined. Slowly add in the cereal, making sure to mix well.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking sheet and flatten down with hands or pastry roller.
- Refrigerate for one hour or freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and cut into 10 bars.
- Keep bars refrigerated for up to 10 days in an airtight container.