Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
These Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies start with an easy homemade brownie recipe and are stuffed with peanut butter cups!
*Photos updated August 2017*
What’s better than just a regular brownie? A dense, fudgy brownie stuffed with peanut butter cups.
These Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies start with an easy homemade brownie recipe and are so simple to throw together. These brownies are such a simple and fun dessert and you probably have almost everything you need on hand to make a batch too.
Plus, how gorgeous are these brownies with the peanut butter cup in the center when you slice into them? I promise you they taste even better than they look too.
To make these brownies you’ll start out with some melted butter and sugar and whisk them together until they’re well combined. Then, you’ll whisk in a couple of eggs and vanilla extract. Just make sure that your butter has cooled some before you add the eggs. Hot butter + eggs = scrambled eggs.
For the dry ingredients, you’ll sift some flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and a little bit of salt into the wet ingredients. One little tip when it comes to making good brownies, make sure to sift your dry ingredients to avoid any lumps of cocoa powder in your brownie batter.
Once the wet and dry ingredients are well combined, you’ll pour half of your batter into the pan and then line some peanut butter cups on top. You’ll need a total 12 peanut butter cups for this recipe. I like to place 9 whole peanut butter cups on top and then cut the other 3 in half and fill in the empty spaces.
There is definitely no shortage of peanut butter and chocolate anywhere in this recipe. Would you expect anything less of me?
The brownies will need to bake for about 30-35 minutes, you’ll know they’re done when the top looks set. Once they’re done baking, you’ll need to let the brownies cool almost completely before slicing into them.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup (65 grams all-purpose flour) (spooned & leveled)
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 full-size peanut butter cups unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving some overhang for easy removal. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Place the peanut butter cups on top of the brownie batter, cutting some in half as needed to make them all fit in one even layer.
- Add the remaining brownie batter on top and spread into one even layer, making sure all of the peanut butter cups are covered.
- Bake 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until the tops of the brownies look set. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice into 9-12 squares, serve, and enjoy!
Adapted from All Recipes
Love peanut butter cups? Try my Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cake next!