Angel food cake layered with an easy no-bake cheesecake filling and fresh strawberries and blueberries. This No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Trifle is such a perfect dessert for the 4th of July!
When I was growing up, my mom loved to make trifles as a dessert for parties. Now that I’m older, I find that I love making trifles or mini desserts to bring with me when we get together with friends or family. Not only are trifles incredibly easy to throw together, but you can also make them ahead of time and the layers always look so gorgeous.
So today I’m bringing you this easy and delicious No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Trifle.
I prefer to use a store bought angel food cake when making this recipe, so there’s no baking required! You can feel free to use something else like a pound cake, but I love the light and airy pieces of cubed angel food cake when it comes to this trifle.
You’ll also be layering the pieces of angel food cake with an easy no-bake cheesecake filling. For the cheesecake layers, you’ll just need a little cream cheese, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla. You’ll mix it all together until it’s thickened, then you’re ready to start layering.
For the berries in this trifle, I love to use a mix of strawberries and blueberries. With 4th of July just around the corner, the strawberries and blueberries make a festive dessert. Any kind of berry would work well in this recipe too, so feel free to change it up!
You can also serve these as mini trifles in some mini trifle dishes, mason jars, or even some cute plastic cups. They’re so easy to make ahead of time and have prepared for when your guests arrive.
No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 and 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 angel food cake cubed into 1" pieces
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the heavy whipping cream and continue mixing on medium speed until the mixture has thickened and soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Start by layering half of the angel food cake in a large trifle dish, then layer half of the cheesecake filling on top, then top with the blueberries (you can reserve some for the top if you prefer). Layer the other half of the angel food cake on top of the blueberries followed by the other half of the cheesecake filling, then top with the sliced strawberries and reserved blueberries.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Be sure to try my Lemon Berry Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Cups next!