Smoked Gouda, Apple, Bacon, and Honey Bites – Apbagoudacuit
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MadeForMore #Walmart #CollectiveBias
These Smoked Gouda, Apple, Bacon, and Honey Bites are a delicious and easy appetizer!
So tell me, do you have any exciting plans for the 4th of July? Even though it’s supposed to be pretty hot outside next week, Josh and I are having some friends over and grilling tons of delicious food!
One thing I love to make ahead of time and sit out for everyone are some easy snacks and appetizers that taste delicious, but don’t require too much effort. When I was at Walmart this past weekend, I found these TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers. I immediately knew that they would be perfect for an easy snack, so I grabbed a couple of boxes.
I also decided to grab a block of smoked gouda cheese, because what other kind of cheese would you use on these tasty little TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers? I knew the smoked gouda would pair well with some tart granny smith apples and a little bacon. Because, well, bacon. So I quickly gathered everything and came home to test these out.
I have to say, they turned out pretty incredible and they’re so easy! All you have to do is slice up the ingredients, top the TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers, and then serve them.
If you’re making these ahead of time, you can soak the apple slices in a little lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. I prefer to do this extra little step, so that the apples look freshly sliced even after a couple hours in the refrigerator.
I also decided to add some honey on top of these bites. I feel like the honey adds a little touch of sweetness and pairs so well with the smoky flavors in these bites, but you can feel free to leave it off if you prefer.
I really loved the TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers with these and the flavor is spot on. You could even use TRISCUIT Original Crackers with these too and they would be just as tasty. In fact, any type of TRISCUIT crackers would work well in this recipe:
- TRISCUIT Original Crackers
- TRISCUIT Reduced Fat Crackers
- TRISCUIT Hint of Salt Crackers
- TRISCUIT Cracked Pepper & Olive Crackers
- TRISCUIT Mediterranean Olive Crackers
- TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers
- TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers
I also like to refer to these little bites as Apbagoudacuit. Get it? Apple, Bacon, Gouda, TRISCUIT!
Between the crunchy crackers, the smoky cheese and bacon, tart apple slices, and the sweetness of the honey, these are hard to resist. I really couldn’t get over how delicious these little bites turned out and the fact that they’re easy to make is even better.
Smoked Gouda, Apple, Bacon, and Honey Bites - Apbagoudacuit
- 1 box TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers
- 1 block smoked gouda cheese at least 4 ounces
- 6-8 slices cooked bacon
- 1 large granny smith apple cored and thinly sliced*
- Optional: Honey for drizzling on top
- Place the TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers onto a serving tray in a single layer.
- Slice the smoked gouda cheese and bacon into small pieces. Cut each piece of the thinly sliced apples in half.
- Top each of the TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers with a piece of smoked gouda cheese, apple, and bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with honey just before serving.