An easy homemade fudgy brownie recipe with extra chocolate and m&ms. These are the perfect Valentine’s Day brownies!
When it comes to brownies, I have one major requirement. The brownies must be fudgy. I’m really not a fan of cake like brownies, because they taste like cake. Not that they’re necessarily bad or anything, but if I want cake I’ll have a slice of cake. But when it comes to brownies, I prefer the rich and thick fudgy kind of brownies.
The brownie recipes comes from these fudgy peanut butter cup brownies, which are also amazing. I absolutely love this recipe because it’s simple, yet still tastes just as good as the box mixes. You can literally make these brownies in just about as much time as it would take you to make a box mix too.
Aside from the m&ms, you probably have most of the ingredients to make these right now. These brownies are very versatile too. If you’re not a fan of m&m’s you can definitely replace them with something else you like instead.
These are a perfect quick and easy dessert to make for Valentine’s Day. I took part of the batch to my parents and sister and my niece was so excited about them. Apparently brownies with m&ms are the best thing ever to a three year old. Who would have thought? I can guarantee that everyone will love these brownies!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving some overhang. If using foil, spray well with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, making sure to mix well after each one. Mix in the vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared baking pan (the batter will be very thick). Evenly sprinkle the m&ms over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. You will know the brownies are finished when the edges start to slightly pull away and the top looks done.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into squares.
Adapted from Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies