This avocado chicken salad is perfect for avocado lovers! Serve this on a whole wheat bun or wrap for a lighter option.
Every time Josh and I go grocery shopping, we always pick up avocados. We usually make this guacamole at least once a week and then use any avocados we have left over on sandwiches. But lately, I’ve kind of developed this obsession with adding avocados to everything. There are worse obsessions to have though.. right?
I tend to be a creature of habit, so my usual chicken salad has sweeter ingredients like chopped apples, grapes, or cranberries. But then there are times that I like to live on the edge and change things up a bit… like add avocados to my chicken salad.
Crazy, I know.
If you already have some precooked chicken, this chicken salad is a breeze to make. I always make my chicken a little ahead of time and season it with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder, cook it in a skillet, then chop it up. It’s simple, but perfect in this recipe. I’m sure some chopped rotisserie chicken would work well too.
If you prefer a creamier chicken salad, just be sure to mix everything together very well. The more you mix, the creamier the avocado will be in this recipe.
I love to serve this on croissants, but whole wheat buns or wraps work well too. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tablespoons mayo (use more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, mayo, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cut the avocado in half and dice into small pieces. Scoop the avocado out into the bowl and stir all of the ingredients together until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Serve and enjoy!