This easy Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookie recipe requires just one bowl! This recipe only makes 6-7 cookies and they’re done in just 30 minutes!
Before Josh and I got married I lived in an apartment by myself for a year or so. It was definitely a learning experience because I had to get used to cooking for one person, sometimes two people if Josh came by my apartment after work to eat dinner with me. It was also during that time that I was planning and preparing for a wedding. And of course, wedding dress fittings (one thing I do not miss AT ALL).
I knew that making huge batches of cookies or desserts and leaving them in my apartment would only mean one thing, I would end up eating more than I should. It was during that time that I started experimenting with making small batch recipes.
I know I’ve said it before, but these small batch chocolate cookies are one of my favorite recipes to make when I’m craving a cookie! I’ve been a little peanut butter crazy lately, so I felt like it was time to start working on a peanut butter version.
Now, I know it’s January and we’re all trying to eat a little better. But sometimes when you’re craving a cookie, you just need a cookie.
So I got to work creating a peanut butter cookie recipe that was soft, full of peanut butter flavor, and only make a few cookies. This recipe is it! It’s an easy recipe that only requires one bowl. Once you mix up the cookie dough, you can scoop out the dough onto the baking sheet and pop them in the oven. With this recipe there’s also no need to chill the dough, which means these cookies come together pretty quickly.
I’ve found that these cookies are perfect after baking for exactly 9 minutes. Every oven is different though, so I suggest to start checking them at the 9 minute mark. They will look done on the outside, but still soft on the inside.
Once you pull them out of the oven, you’ll let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. The cookies will be perfectly soft like the picture above! The best part? This recipe only makes 6-7 cookies! I usually get exactly 7 cookies when I use a two tablespoon cookie scoop. And you can be eating your cookies in 30 minutes.
Now that’s my kind of cookie.
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- tiny pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until fully combined. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until everything is well combined.
- Scoop out two tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the prepared baking sheet (I usually get about 7 cookies). Gently press down with a fork on the top of each cookie to make a small criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350°F for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.