This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
An easy to make snack mix filled with honey, pretzels, chocolate, almonds, and more! This Honey Almond Snack Mix makes a perfect snack for any party or occasion!
How was your weekend? I had a four day long weekend that I got to spend with friends and family and it was so nice! Even though it’s Monday now and back to reality, I do have another long three day weekend coming up and I have to say I’m a little excited for New Year’s Eve!
Each year, Josh and I have friends over and make a ton of snacks and appetizers to eat and enjoy while we play games and stuff until midnight. This year is no different and we already have the menu planned out. One thing that will be making an appearance this year is this Honey Almond Snack Mix! I’m kind of obsessed with it.
I was so happy with how this recipe turned out and it’s full of tons of delicious ingredients. You’ll start by melting a simple mixture of honey and butter, I used the microwave for this part to make it a bit easier and quicker. Once the honey butter mixture is melted and smooth, you’ll coat the pretzels and cereal and toss them until everything is well coated.
Then you’ll pop it in the oven, only about 13-15 minutes is all you will need. I suggest stirring it at least once about halfway through to make sure everything bakes evenly. Once that’s done, you’ll remove it from the oven and let it cool. As the mixture cools, they glaze will harden (but still stay soft!) and make a coating over the cereal and pretzels that will make it hard to stop snacking on.
Once the mixture has cooled you’ll toss it with some Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds and chocolate chips. That’s it! Easy, right?
This is also a great recipe that you can make ahead of time and serve whenever you’re ready. You can easily double this recipe for a larger crowd or even cut it in half for a smaller crowd. Enjoy!
Honey Almond Snack Mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups corn or rice cereal squares
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the butter and honey to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well after each increment, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Add the cereal and pretzels to a large bowl. Pour the honey butter mixture on top and mix until everything is fully coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread around into a single layer.
- Bake at 300°F for 13-15 minutes, making sure to stir the mixture about halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Add the mixture to a large bowl. Add the Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds and chocolate chips and mix until fully combined.
- Serve and enjoy!