These Small Batch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make, only require one bowl, and are ready in about 30 minutes!
Today we’re taking a break from my lemon, fruit, and no-bake dessert obsession for a new small batch cookie recipe. These small batch chocolate chip cookies are one of the most popular recipes on my blog and they’ve received tons of great reviews. It’s also one of the recipes from my blog that I make most often.
Earlier this year I made another version with these small batch peanut butter cookies. And today?! I have another cookie recipe that I’m really excited to share with you all. Small Batch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Like all of my other small batch cookie recipes this recipe doesn’t make a lot of cookies, I usually get about eight or nine each time I make them. I love small batch cookie recipes because sometimes when I’m craving a cookie I don’t want to make a ton, especially because it’s just my husband and I. But, they’re also perfect for families too because everyone can enjoy a cookie or two and not have a lot leftover.
Another thing that I love about these cookies is that you can really make them into whatever you want. If you prefer oatmeal raisin cookies, simply add in a little bit of ground cinnamon and replace the chocolate chips with raisins. You can mix in just about anything you love in oatmeal cookies into this recipe!
With some of my cookie recipes, I prefer to chill the dough so the cookies bake up nice and thick. But, I’ve found that it’s really not necessary to chill this cookie dough. The dough is pretty thick so the cookies won’t spread very much. No chilling time also means less time between you and warm ooey gooey chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
Have I convinced you to make these yet? Because I’m currently on my batch number five and I don’t see any end in sight.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until everything is fully combined. Then mix in the rolled oats and semi sweet chocolate chips until fully incorporated into the dough.
- Scoop out two tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, you should end up with about 8-9 cookies.
- Bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.