Chocolate cookies stuffed with peppermint patties. These Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are a perfect treat for any time of year!
Are you a fan of peppermint patties? I absolutely love the combination of mint and chocolate. It’s right up there with peanut butter and chocolate for me, I really can’t get enough of the two. If it were perfectly acceptable, I could probably live off of them.
Well, I could probably live off of anything that involves chocolate. Because.. um.. chocolate.
Ever since I made these Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies (tell me you’ve tried them?!), I’ve been dreaming of new things to stuff inside my favorite chocolate cookie recipe. So naturally, this time I’m stuffing them with peppermint patties.
Plus, Christmas is just around the corner and these would make a perfect addition to your cookie tray.
The chocolate cookie dough only takes a few minutes to whip up. Once you’re done making it, you want to chill the dough. I know I say this all the time, but chilling the dough is important especially in this recipe. The dough will be quite sticky, chilling it will make it MUCH easier to work with when you’re stuffing the peppermint patties into it. Trust me.
I also bought a bag of miniature peppermint patties to make these, they’re a little bit smaller than the snack size version and work perfectly in these cookies. I suggest using the smaller peppermint patties if you can find them.
Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16-18 miniature peppermint patties unwrapped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl using a handheld mixer), beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and then the vanilla until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop out 2-2.5 tablespoon sized pieces of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Flatten each piece of dough, press a peppermint patty into the center, then fold the dough around the patty making sure it is completely closed inside the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
More chocolate recipes!