Mini Smokehouse Almond Cheese Balls
Easy to make mini cheese balls coated in Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds. These make a great football or holiday party appetizer!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season!
How was your Thanksgiving holiday? Mine was filled with lots (and lots!) of good food and I have a four day weekend from work. It’s too bad every week can’t be like that, right?
Even though Thanksgiving is over, there’s still a lot going on. Between football and Christmas, which is just around the corner, there’s still a lot more food to make and eat. One thing that I love to make and bring to parties is mini food.
Since mini food is automatically cuter and easier to eat, I decided to whip up some mini cheese balls.
These cheese balls themselves are pretty easy to make. You’ll start with some cream cheese and mix it until it’s nice and smooth. Then you’ll mix in your shredded cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, and a little Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
Once that’s all mixed to together you’ll scoop out small pieces of the mixture, about one tablespoon in size, and roll them into balls.
Then you’ll coat them in some chopped Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds. The almonds give them that extra smoky flavor and pair so perfectly with the cream cheese mixture.
Then cover them and pop them into the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them. The pretzel sticks are optional, but they make these easy to grab and enjoy. If you do use them, just be sure to add them right before serving the cheese balls, so the pretzels don’t become too soft.
Once you try one of these little cheese balls, you won’t be able to stop! Serve these up with some crackers and enjoy!
Mini Smokehouse Almond Cheese Balls
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds chopped
- Pretzel sticks
- Add the cream cheese to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder and mix until fully combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop out pieces of the mixture, about one tablespoon in size, roll into balls, then transfer to a large plate.
- Add the chopped Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds to a bowl. Toss each cheese ball into the chopped almonds, making sure to gently press the almonds into them so they will stick well.
- Transfer the cheese balls back to a plate, cover, and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes or until firm.
- If using the pretzel sticks, insert one into each cheese ball just before serving.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!
I made mini cheeseballs for the first time last year and loved them! That was such a great idea for you to use the Smokehouse Almonds to coat these, and the cheddar-bacon combination sounds amazing! These would make the perfect holiday apps!
Mini cheeseballs are just so fun! Thanks, Marcie 🙂
Such cute bites! Love the idea of individual savory cheeseballs 🙂
Ooh these flavors! What a great idea to make mini cheeseballs with smokehouse almonds. I think these appetizers will be happening way more frequently than just game day!
Who doesn’t love a good cheese ball? Looks gorgeous! Love the addition of almonds. The perfect appetizer for the holidays!
Mini foods are DEFINITELY always better 🙂 I love the look of these, Danielle! Such a clever appetizer!
Mini is definitely always better! Thanks, Nora 🙂
I am addicted to those almonds! These cheeseballs look perfect – I have to make them this weekend for my girls night!!
They’re so good, right? Thanks, Dorothy!
Ooooh yum!! These sound amazing! I love the flavor of those smokehouse almonds… and… you really can’t go wrong with cheese and bacon! 😛
I agree 😉 Thanks, Jess!
These mini cheeseballs are so adorable! I love that you used BD’s smokehouse almonds to coat them. Such a great idea! These are perfect for the holidays!
These cheese balls look like a perfect game day snack! I bet the smoky almonds are so good in these!