This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.
These Gingerbread Pancakes are easy to whip up and perfect for breakfast during the holiday season. Serve these warm with a little maple syrup for a treat that everyone will love!
I have a serious love for breakfast food. In fact, I’m a firm believer in breakfast for dinner. Who says that you can only eat pancakes for breakfast?
We eat breakfast for dinner (or BFD as it’s refer to in our home) at least once a week. It’s secretly my favorite dinner during the week too.
Plus when it’s cold outside nothing screams comfort food quite like a warm fluffy pancake. Especially one that’s perfectly spiced like gingerbread. Yes, gingerbread! Can we talk about these pancakes for a minute? Because they’ve quickly become my new favorite.
The base of the recipe starts with simple ingredients, some flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then come the spices, I used a mix of ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves.
Next up you’ll mix together your wet ingredients, almond milk, eggs, a little bit of oil, brown sugar, molasses, and some vanilla extract. I used Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk in this recipe and loved it, you could also use the unsweetened version as well.
Then you’ll add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until just combined, and start cooking your pancakes. Told you it was easy, right?
Once they’re all cooked, pour on some maple syrup and dig in!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 and ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses (not blackstrap)
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola, vegetable, or coconut oil all work well)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat and spray well with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk, eggs, brown sugar, molasses, oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter from the bowl and drop onto the skillet or griddle. Once the top starts to bubble and the edges look set, flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and enjoy!