This Easy 5-Ingredient Peppermint Fudge features two layers of decadent fudge and is full of peppermint flavor. The perfect treat for Christmas!
*Photos updated December 2016*
When I was a kid, my dad would always make a batch of fudge every year around Christmas. You know, the fudge recipe on the back of the marshmallow creme jars? Yep, that was the one he made every single year. Now that I’m older, I like to make a batch of fudge every year around Christmas too. But I prefer to make my fudge as easy as possible.
Say hello to one of the easiest fudge recipes you will ever make. You only need 5 ingredients to make this layered fudge and you can prepare it in less than 30 minutes! Now that’s my kind of recipe!
For this recipe, you’ll need some semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and a few crushed candy canes. The fudge is made my simply melting down the chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan. If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can use the microwave instead.
You’ll make the chocolate layer first and pop it into the refrigerator while you make the white chocolate layer. Once you make the white chocolate fudge, you’ll mix in a little peppermint extract and some crushed candy canes. Then, simply layer the white chocolate peppermint fudge on top of the chocolate layer and sprinkle some more crushed candy canes on top.
The hardest part of making this recipe is waiting for the fudge to chill. You’ll need to allow about two hours for the fudge to chill, which makes it a perfect treat to make ahead of time too!
I like to make two separate layers of fudge in this recipe because I think it looks a little prettier, but you can easily use all semi-sweet or white chocolate chips. If you’re not really a huge fan of peppermint, simply leave the peppermint extract and candy canes out and mix in some sprinkles instead.
This fudge recipe is so versatile and easy to make, you’ll want to make it all of the time. Enjoy!
Easy 5-Ingredient Peppermint Fudge
- 1 and ½ cups (270 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and ½ cups (270 grams) white chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can (396 grams) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract adjust to taste
- ½ cup (70 grams) crushed candy canes (about 5 candy canes)
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and set aside.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2/3 cup (198 grams) of sweetened condensed milk to a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring well until the mixture is completely smooth. Scoop the chocolate fudge into the prepared pan and spread around into an even layer. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the second layer.
- Add the white chocolate chips and remaining 2/3 cup (198 grams) of sweetened condensed milk to a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring well until the mixture is completely smooth. Add in the peppermint extract and half of the crushed candy canes to the white chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Remove the chocolate fudge from the refrigerator and scoop the white chocolate peppermint fudge on top and smooth it out. Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top of the fudge.
- Transfer the baking pan back to the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least two hours, or until the fudge is set. Remove the fudge out of the pan by lifting the edges of the aluminum foil out of the pan, slice into pieces, and enjoy.