Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Brownie Pie
An easy to make brownie crust topped with Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream and chocolate ganache. This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Brownie Pie is guaranteed to be your new favorite dessert for spring!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #CollectiveBias
When I was growing up, it was almost guaranteed that a container of Blue Bunny® ice cream made its way into our shopping cart. A favorite of mine was always the Mint Chocolate Chip, but our family always went crazy over the Bunny Tracks® or Homemade Vanilla flavors too. Even though I’m older now, when Spring gets close and the weather starts to warm up there is nothing I crave more than a huge bowl of ice cream.
But of course, I decided to take things a little further and make an ice cream pie. Because the only thing better than a bowl of ice cream is when you top it on a homemade brownie and then add more chocolate. Oh yes.
So when I was at Walmart this past weekend, I picked up a container of the Mint Chocolate Chip and the Homemade Vanilla Blue Bunny® ice cream. Their new clear containers are so perfect too because you can actually see all of the swirls in the ice cream and what you’re actually getting!
Once I got home, I got to work on this mint chocolate chip ice cream brownie pie.
You’ll start out with my favorite easy brownie recipe, just one bowl and simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Once you mix it up, you’ll pour it into a springform pan and bake it for about 20-25 minutes. I prefer a springform pan when it comes to recipes like this one because it makes it much easier to remove it from the pan.
Then comes the Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream! I like to set the ice cream out on the counter for about 20 minutes and then scoop it out into a large mixing bowl and mix it up just a bit. Just make sure not to leave it out too long or over mix it. Once it’s softened a bit, you’ll scoop it over the cooled brownie crust and smooth it out.
Then, just cover up the ice cream pie and pop it into the freezer for about 3-4 hours or until it’s firmed up again.
And the last part? The chocolate ganache. You can certainly leave it off if you prefer, but it’s actually super easy to make! Just a little bit of chopped semisweet chocolate and some heavy cream is all you need. You’ll heat the heavy cream in the microwave for about 45 seconds then pour it over the chopped chocolate, let that sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk until it all comes together in one smooth chocolate ganache. When adding the ganache to the pie, I find that it’s easiest to use an angled spatula to smooth the top out.
You’ll need to let the pie freeze for another hour or two so the ganache can firm up a bit, overnight is even better. If you let it freeze overnight, you may need to let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to make it easier to slice. Also, running a knife around the edges will help too when you release it from the pan.
One other great thing about this ice cream pie? You can change the flavor of ice cream to anything you prefer! A few of my other personal favorites are Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla, Bunny Tracks®, and Super Chunky Cookie Dough®! Enjoy!
More Frozen Treats!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Brownie Pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the brownie crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9" inch springform pan with parchment paper. Spray the edges well with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the melted butter and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth it out. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and a wooden toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
For the ice cream:
- Remove the Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes to soften. Scoop all of the ice cream from the container into a large mixing bowl and mix it a bit, just until it's easy enough to spread.
- Scoop the ice cream onto the cooled brownie crust and smooth it out evenly.
- Cover and return to the freezer for about 3 hours or until it has firmed up.
For the chocolate ganache:
- Chop the chocolate and add it to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Then whisk well until the mixture comes together and you have a nice smooth ganache.
- Remove the ice cream pie from the freezer and pour the ganache on top. Use an angled spatula or spoon to spread it around evenly. Cover and return to the freezer until the ganache has firmed up some, about 1-2 more hours or overnight.
- Once the ice cream pie and topping has firmed up, remove it from the freezer a few minutes before serving. Slide a knife around the edges to loosen it up from the pan and then remove it. Slice and enjoy!
Oooh, I like the new look of the Blue Bunny containers! I didn’t know they had rebranded. I like the simplicity. Mint chocolate chip is one of my favorite ice cream flavors as well.
I love them too, you can see everything that’s inside!
Now why are we not neighbors?! I would totally help take this baby off your hands 😉 Mint chocolate chip happens to be my favorite ice cream flavor!
I so wish we were neighbors, Denise! I would have happily shared this with you too 😉
This looks amazing! Mint chocolate chip is just the best and I love Blue Bunny! 🙂
Yum yum yum! I made a brownie pie with Blue Bunny’s bunny tracks ice cream last year and it was INSANELY good – now I’ve got to try your minty version. This sounds so delicious, and perfect for any occasion!
Ohhh I’m going to check out your recipe, Rachel! The bunny tracks is another one of my favorites 🙂
Is it bad that I want this ice cream pie for breakfast?! Love the mint and chocolate combo, especially with the brownies. Sounds like the perfect dessert!
I think it’s totally acceptable for breakfast 😉
Okay your a genius! I love brownies and I love mint chip ice cream! This looks so good!!
Mint chocolate is one of our FAVORITE flavors of everything — so cool and creamy! The brownie crust totally makes this — the perfect summer dessert!
Love the new containers! This brownie pie looks amazing! So cool!
This ice cream pie looks SO good, Danielle! I love the combination of flavors that you chose! I want to dig into that ice cream and the brownie crust is genius!
This pie looks delicious, Danielle! Mint chocolate chip is my husband’s favorite flavor so this would disappear in no time at our house!
Oh man, this pie is SO dang gorgeous, Danielle! I have a total thing for mint and chocolate lately, but to throw ice cream and brownies into the mix too? I am obsessed with this pie!
Haha, me too! Thanks, Sarah 🙂
I’ve never had Blue Bunny ice cream and it sounds delicious! Mint chocolate chip was always my favorite flavor of ice cream growing up, and this pie looks out of this world!
Thank you, Marcie! You definitely have to give it a try sometime 🙂
I think the idea of pouring ganache on top is genius! I can’t wait to try this recipe– definitely perfect for Spring! #client
Thank you, Denise!
Chocolate and mint is seriously one of my favorite combinations! This looks so amazing, I could probably polish off the whole thing (and totally without shame, lol)!
Haha! Me too, no shame here either 😉
This brownie pie looks out of this world! I could eat this all day every day! Mint and brownie are such a great combo too. Wish we lived closer so I could take that pie off of your hands. 🙂
I wish we did too, Cyndi! So excited to meet you in May!
I’m in love with every part of this pie! I mean who could turn down mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiched between two different chocolate layers? What a great treat 🙂
Thank you, Megan!
I much prefer the ganache on top. Who would leave it off? More chocolate is always better. And using a springform is really smart for this!
Ugh, I cannot wait until I can eat dairy again! Definitely having a whole GALLON of ice cream as soon as baby Josh can tollerate dairy again. This pie has me drooling!
Aww hopefully you can soon, Natalie!
I could not click anything toconfirm my email address. Something is wrong with your page.
Hi Mary, I’m so sorry you’re having trouble with my site. Were you trying to sign up for e-mails for new recipes? If you can give me a bit more information, I’d be happy to help you! 🙂
If I want the ganache to go all the way around the sides of this, do I just remove from the pan before I pour it on?
Yes, that would be fine. I would just make sure to spread it to the edges as quickly as you can since it will start to firm up some once it’s on the ice cream. You could also set some aside to just drip down the sides too.