An easy no-churn ice cream recipe with a blackberry swirl and pieces of pie crust mixed in. This blackberry pie ice cream is a perfect summer treat!
I have to apologize for my absence from posting to the blog lately. Life has been a little busy this summer, but I’m making it up to you all with this recipe.
Seriously, if there’s one ice cream recipe you make this summer let it be this one!
This recipe was actually inspired by a blackberry cobbler ice cream that my husband used to buy at the store. Since it’s not available anymore, I decided to try out making my own version.
I’ve made this ice cream a few times, but the first time I decided to try it out was actually at midnight one night because I could not fall asleep. You know, because making ice cream at midnight is a totally normal thing to do. It can also make you do weird things, like throw an entire pie crust into the mix. As weird as it sounds, it actually works really good!
For this recipe, I use a store-bought pie crust and just baked it in the oven on a baking sheet. If you have a certain pie crust recipe that you love, feel free to use that one instead. I usually make the blackberry mixture and crust a little ahead of time, so they have time to cool before adding them in with the ice cream.
Once they’re cooled just whip up the easy ice cream mixture – one can of sweetened condensed milk, two cups of heaving whipping cream, and a little vanilla. Then fold the pie crust in with the ice cream, layer it with the blackberry mixture in a container, and swirl it with a knife.
Once it freezes overnight, you have one seriously delicious treat!
No-Churn Blackberry Pie Ice Cream
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the pie crust:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and unroll the pie crust on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To make the blackberry mixture:
- Add the blackberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the blackberries start to soften and release their juices. Mash well and transfer to a small bowl to cool.
To make the ice cream:
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla until thick (about 4-5 minutes).
- Break the cooled pie crust into small pieces and gently fold it into the ice cream mixture.
- Layer the ice cream with spoonfuls of the blackberry mixture into a loaf pan and gently swirl with a knife.
- Cover tightly and freeze overnight.