These cake mix cookies are the easiest cookies you will ever make! With only four ingredients and no chilling, these cookies are ready in 20 minutes flat!
If you haven’t noticed, I seriously love baking. There’s something so therapeutic for me when it comes to baking. If I’ve had a really bad day, I’ll come home and bake away in the kitchen for a few hours. While it can be a good way to relieve some stress, I quickly snap back to reality when I see the mess I’ve made in my kitchen.
Sometimes I want to bake something, but not have to deal with the cleanup afterward. This is one of the many reasons I love this cake mix cookie recipe. They’re super easy to make and you only need one bowl to mix them up. No crazy amount of dirty dishes, no major cleanup, just five minutes of your time, and then pop them in the oven for another 10 minutes. Seriously, I can’t say enough good things about these cookies made with cake mix!
I’ve brought these cookies to parties a few times and they always get rave reviews. Oh, and they taste like cake batter and are perfectly soft. Have I convinced you to go make these cookies yet?
These cake mix cookies couldn’t be simpler to make! Here’s everything we’ll need for this recipe:
- Boxed cake mix: I used a box of Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake mix for this recipe, but feel free to use any flavor that you prefer!
- Oil: Use a neutral oil, like vegetable or canola.
- Eggs: Need to be room temperature before being mixed into the dough.
- Sprinkles: Optional, but highly recommended.
How to Make Cookies From Cake Mix
All you need for these cake mix cookies is a box of cake mix, two eggs, a little oil, and whatever add-ins you prefer. Easy peasy, right?! Mix together all the ingredients to form the cookie dough.
Once you mix the dough up, just scoop it into balls, and bake the cookies in the oven. No chill time required and you can be eating cookies in less than 20 minutes.
Can I Use Another Kind of Cake Mix?
Yes! Use any cake mix you’d like for this recipe. I used a vanilla cake mix, but this recipe can also be used to make yellow cake mix cookies, chocolate cake mix cookies, and so forth.
- Add the boxed cake mix like you would any dry ingredient. Do NOT add the extra ingredients called for on the side of the box.
- Wait to add the sprinkles to the cookie dough until the rest of the dough comes together, otherwise you’ll wind up with discolored cookies.
- I formed these cake cookies with about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Try!
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft & Chewy Monster Cookies
- Classic Sugar Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (16.25 oz.) box cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs. Once combined, mix in the sprinkles.
- Drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, about two tablespoons for each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.