This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are my own. Be sure to also scroll down to the bottom of this post for two giveaway opportunities!
These No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Almond Granola Bars are easy to make and perfect for a healthier snack!
Even though my blog is mostly focused on baking, I still try to eat healthier during the week. Between all of the butter and sugar that goes through my kitchen each week, it’s important to me to try to fit in as many healthier meals and snack as I can.
One thing that I love to make at home is no-bake granola bars. Not only are they better for you and so easy to make, but you can control what goes into them and use ingredients that you love too.
The base of this recipes starts with some almond butter, honey and a little vanilla extract. I usually microwave all three together for about 20-30 seconds, just until it’s warm enough to mix together easily. You’ll want to set this aside to cool too, otherwise your chocolate chips will melt when you mix everything together.
Then you’ll mix in some quick oats, dried cherries, mini chocolate chips, and chopped almonds. For the almonds in this recipe, I prefer to use Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds. Speaking of Blue Diamond, they’re helping fuel the USA Swimming athletes and are the Official Snack Nut of the organization. How perfect would these be for a quick and easy snack for the athletes?
Once everything is mixed together, you’ll gently mix in some crispy rice cereal. It’s best to add the cereal in at the end, that way you avoid crushing it into little pieces.
One thing to also note is that there is a lot of good stuff packed into this recipe, so it may not be completely smooth once you’ve mixed it up. The mixture should come together pretty well and may be just a bit crumbly, which is fine. Once you press everything firmly into the pan and freeze it, you’ll easily be able to slice it into granola bars.
Between the crunchy almonds, sweet dried cherries, and mini chocolate chips in every bite these bars really are delicious. The fact that they’re better for you is just an added bonus.
I also knew this recipe was a winner when I saw my husband eating these all week long. I just mixed up another batch for this week too!
- ½ cup creamy or crunchy no-stir almond butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ¼ cups quick oats
- ½ cup Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sweetened dried cherries
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and set aside.
- Add the almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until you can easily stir everything together. Set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add the quick oats, chopped Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds, dried cherries, mini chocolate chips, and salt and mix until everything is well combined. Add in the crispy rice cereal and gently mix until just combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking pan and firmly press it down into one even layer. Cover tightly and transfer to the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the bars are firm. Remove from the pan and slice into 10-12 granola bars.
Prep time also includes freezing time.
I’m also doing a little reader survey about Blue Diamond Almonds! If you complete the survey, you’ll be entered for a chance to win One (1) $50 VISA Gift Card. The survey is just a few easy questions and takes just a couple minutes to complete. Once you’ve finished the survey, be sure to also come back and leave a comment on this post letting me know you completed the survey to complete your entry! **This giveaway is now closed**
Blue Diamond Almonds understand what it takes to be the best. That’s why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Swimming. Visit www.LaneToGreatness.com for a chance to win $5,000 to fuel your dreams of greatness (whatever they may be), get Blue Diamond Almonds coupons and recipes, and more!