An easy no-bake peanut butter pie topped on a homemade Oreo crust. This pie is perfect to make during the warmer weather!
I learned two things this weekend. First, no-bake frozen desserts are the best kind of desserts to make when it’s hot outside. Second, no-bake frozen desserts are really difficult to photograph when it’s hot outside.
Let’s just say it took a little extra work, but this recipe was too good not to share with you all.
Don’t get me wrong, I love baking. But now that it’s hot outside, frozen desserts are starting to become my new best friend. There’s nothing better than an easy dessert that doesn’t require turning on the oven. Especially when it involves chocolate, peanut butter, and a homemade Oreo crust (!!!). You can certainly use a store bought crust, but the homemade one is just as easy!
I’ve actually made this pie three times now. Yes, three times. Sadly I didn’t eat all three pies, even though I secretly wish I could have eaten them all. I actually made two of these for my mom and Josh’s mom for Mother’s Day and then the third one this past weekend. For quality control purposes and to photograph. Okay and to share with other people too.
I wanted to share this before Memorial Day, since this would be a great dessert for this time of year. Is there anything more refreshing than a cold dessert when it’s so warm outside?
I prefer to make this pie the night before, since it will need to freeze for about 4 hours. Just take it out of the freezer about 20 minutes before serving, so it has a little time to thaw and it will make it easier to cut.
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package whipped topping, thawed (I used Cool Whip, lite is okay)
- 6-8 peanut butter cups, chopped (plus additional for garnish - optional)
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Add the crumbs to a large bowl with the melted butter and mix until fully combined.
- Press the mixture into a 9" pie plate and put in the freezer to harden while you make the filling.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and milk and continue mixing until fully combined.
- Gently fold in the cool whip until well combined, then fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, and pour the filling over the pie crust and even out the top with a knife or spatula.
- Return to the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer about 20 minutes before serving. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Adapted from Food Network