Easy strawberry sweet rolls topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. Perfect for breakfast or dessert, everyone will love these!
Are you surprised that I’m back with another recipe involving fruit? I hope not. I’ve kind of become obsessed with making sweet rolls, especially when they involve a cream cheese frosting. Oh yes!
I know I say this a lot of the time, but I promise these strawberry sweet rolls are super easy to make. Why? Because instead of making our own dough, we’re using crescent roll dough. I kind of feel like it’s almost cheating, but I wanted these to be easy for a couple of reasons.
#1 – I like easy recipes. Let’s be honest, everyone loves easy recipes.
#2 – Mother’s Day is coming up and I wanted these to be easy enough for kids to be able to help make too!
Another great thing about this recipe is that cream cheese frosting. It’s the same one I used for these one-hour cinnamon rolls (<– another easy and awesome recipe that I love!). If you haven’t tried those yet, you definitely should!
I only used a little bit of the frosting for the pictures, but the recipe makes enough to cover them nicely. The more frosting, the better. Am I right?
I baked these in a muffin pan and I definitely encourage you to use one as well. I tried these in a 9″ baking dish and while it does work, they do spread a lot. The muffin pan helps them to keep that nice rounded shape and they bake up perfectly. Also, the easiest and the best way I’ve found to cut cinnamon rolls/sweet rolls is unwaxed and unflavored dental floss. Most people probably already know this, but it works much better than using a knife. It’s also only about $1 at any grocery store!
Not only are these sweet rolls perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch, but they also make a great dessert too! Enjoy!
Strawberry Sweet Rolls
Strawberry Sweet Rolls:
- 1 8 ounce package seamless crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped into small pieces
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk or as needed to thin out the frosting
To make the sweet rolls:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 8 cavities in a muffin pan well with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- On a clean surface, unroll the crescent roll dough into a rectangle (if not using seamless, make sure to press the seams together). Spread the tablespoon of softened butter evenly over the dough, then spread the strawberry jam evenly across the dough. Evenly distribute the chopped strawberries over the dough.
- Starting with the long side, tightly roll the dough up. Using unwaxed, unflavored dental floss or a knife, cut the roll into 8 equal pieces.
- Place each piece into each of the muffin cavities. Bake at 375 for 12-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
To make the frosting:
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix well. Add in one tablespoon of milk and mix until fully combined. If you prefer a thinner frosting, add a little more milk and mix until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Evenly distribute the frosting between all 8 rolls.