Strawberry Sweet Rolls
Easy strawberry rolls topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. Perfect for breakfast or dessert, everyone will love these!
Are you surprised that I’m back with another recipe involving fruit? I hope not. I’ve kind of become obsessed with making sweet rolls, especially when they involve a cream cheese frosting. Oh yes!
I know I say this a lot of the time, but I promise these strawberry rolls are super easy to make. Why? Because instead of making our own dough, we’re using crescent roll dough. I kind of feel like it’s almost cheating, but I wanted these to be easy for a couple of reasons.
- I like easy recipes. Let’s be honest, everyone loves easy recipes.
- Mother’s Day is coming up and I wanted these to be easy enough for kids to be able to help make too!
Not only are these strawberry cream cheese crescent rolls perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch, but they also make a great dessert too! Enjoy!
What Ingredients Are in This Recipe?
I used a few shortcuts when making these strawberry cinnamon rolls, but they taste completely homemade! Here’s what you’ll need for this easy recipe:
- Crescent roll dough: Look for seamless crescent roll dough in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- Butter: Since it’s such a small amount, either salted or unsalted butter will work fine!
- Strawberry jam: Buy a good-quality strawberry jam. You want there to be strawberry pieces in it.
- Strawberries: I used fresh strawberries and don’t recommend using frozen as they may make the dough soggy.
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese for the thickest frosting.
- Powdered sugar: Sweetens the frosting without making it grainy or lumpy.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract delivers the best flavor.
- Milk: You may need to add a splash of milk to thin out the frosting. It depends on how thick you like yours.
How to Make Strawberry Rolls
Unroll the crescent roll dough, then spread softened butter and jam over it. Top with chopped strawberries before rolling it into a long log.
Cut the log into eight equal pieces, then place each piece into a greased muffin cavity. Bake until lightly golden brown.
While the strawberry cream cheese cinnamon rolls bake, make the icing. Let the rolls cool for about 10 minutes before frosting.
Can I Use Another Fruit?
I bet you could! I love making this recipe as strawberry rolls, but I’m sure another jam and fruit pairing would work too.
- I only used a little bit of the frosting for the pictures, but the recipe makes enough to cover them nicely.
- I baked these strawberry cream cheese cinnamon rolls in a muffin pan and I definitely encourage you to use one as well. I tried these in a 9-inch baking dish and while it does work, they do spread a lot. The muffin pan helps them to keep that nice rounded shape and they bake up perfectly.
- The easiest and the best way I’ve found to cut cinnamon rolls/sweet rolls is unwaxed and unflavored dental floss. Most people probably already know this, but it works much better than using a knife. It’s also only about $1 at any grocery store!
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes to Try!
Strawberry Sweet Rolls:
- 1 (8-ounce) package seamless crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) butter softened
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries chopped into small pieces
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) milk (or as needed to thin out the frosting)
To make the sweet rolls:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 8 cavities in a muffin pan well with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- On a clean surface, unroll the crescent roll dough into a rectangle (if not using seamless, make sure to press the seams together). Spread the tablespoon of softened butter evenly over the dough, then spread the strawberry jam evenly across the dough. Evenly distribute the chopped strawberries over the dough.
- Starting with the long side, tightly roll the dough up. Using unwaxed, unflavored dental floss or a knife, cut the roll into 8 equal pieces.
- Place each piece into each of the muffin cavities. Bake at 375 for 12-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
To make the frosting:
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix well. Add in one tablespoon of milk and mix until fully combined. If you prefer a thinner frosting, add a little more milk and mix until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Evenly distribute the frosting between all 8 rolls.
I LOVE fruit-filled sweet rolls so I’m all over these gorgeous strawberry beauties! They look soooo soft and fluffy and that glaze just takes it over the top! I need to make these on Mother’s Day!
Thanks, Sarah! Hope you enjoy them if you try them!
I love easy recipes too, ha. Sometimes you just want the deliciousness without the hours of baking. LOVE IT! And perfect for mother’s day, I know mom’s gonna love ’em! Great recipe!
Oh I love how easy these are to make, Danielle! Such a good idea to use crescent roll dough. And that strawberry filling looks just perfect! Sounds like a fantastic breakfast or dessert!
Fruity sweet rolls are the best! These are perfect for Mother’s Day!
These are the prettiest sweet rolls I’ve seen! Love them! Perfect for Mother’s Day! Pinning!
These sweet rolls are so so pretty! The strawberry filling and cream cheese frosting sound delicious! I love how easy they come together too! They’re perfect for Mother’s Day!
These sweet rolls look divine, Danielle! I love the strawberry flavour – so yummy! 😀
You are so sweet and thoughtful for making this kid-friendly recipe! They look so beautiful and sounds absolutely amazing!!
These sweet rolls are beautiful Danielle. I love that they have real strawberry chunks and not just jam.
Perfect for mother’s day! Pinned!
Thanks, Mariah! I agree, I loved the strawberries in these too.
I think my husband can probably handle these. I’ll have to pass the recipe on for Mother’s Day! 🙂
Haha, I definitely think he can handle these!
These are such pretty little things, and I’m glad you tossed some strawberries in there! Everything is better with fresh fruit, and that cream cheese glaze looks so luscious! 🙂
Thanks, Marcie! Fresh fruit definitely makes everything better 🙂
OMGosh, you had me at that drizzle. I adore sweet rolls and strawberries, and seeing this makes my mouth water!
Danielle, we’re on the same wavelength this week. I’m posting easy sweet rolls (different flavor) tomorrow!
I love the strawberry! It’s so great now that we’re in berry season!
Great minds think alike! I just saw your post this morning, they look great!
I’d love it if my husband and kids made these for me for Mother’s Day! I’m not sure that I’ve ever had a sweet roll filled with real fruit and these look delish!
You are making me miss crescent rolls soooo bad! 🙂 These look so yummy!
I love everything about these rolls, but especially that they’re easy! I’m all about the easy recipes!! Love fruit sweet rolls!! Gotta make these asap! 🙂
I love–love!–everything about these! I am obsessed with sweet rolls and can’t turn them down. Plus, these are so easy! These are totally happening asap.
So much YES! Fruit, cream cheese frosting (= the best!), easy (= I’m lazy). These are perfect. Going on the “to-make” list this weekend! XO
Thanks, Liz! Hope you like them 🙂
Those sweet rolls look SUPER yummy! I love how easy they are to make, and how pretty they look!! 🙂
Wow these sweet rolls look wonderful! Love that cream cheese frosting!
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with using crescent rolls if you ask me! As much as I love fresh baked cinnamon buns, the thought of letting the dough rise…rolling them out…letting them rise…it’s just too much! These look delicious, Danielle, and that cream cheese frosting…no complaints here 😉
That’s exactly how I feel too, Denise. The easier it is, the better for me 😉
I love these!! They’re so pretty and totally easy. Crescent roll dough is seriously magical… you can do SO much with it!!
It really is magical! I love using it for everything, even savory recipe!
These are so pretty and so easy too! 🙂 Perfect for Mother’s Day, love that you made them so simple! Kids will have fun making these! Pinned!
Thanks, Manali! Thanks for pinning too 🙂
These look so good and I love that you baked them in a muffin tin! Perfectly round and probably helped keep the strawberries from sliding out!
Wow your recipes are great, I found two of them I love today! Thanks!
Thanks so much, Sabrina! So glad you came across my blog 🙂