Mini Tortilla Crust Pizzas
I’m thoroughly convinced that every single food in this world is better in mini form. These mini tortilla crust pizzas are definitely no exception!
I watched this show once, where people would not eat anything but one certain food. If that were me, my food of choice would be pizza. Something about the soft doughy crust, the tomato sauce, the melting bubbly cheese just makes my heart so happy. My dad is half Italian, I mean it’s in my blood to love pizza.
These little pizza bites came about by accident.. don’t you love when that happens? We were low on food in our house, there was literally almost nothing. I’m still trying to figure out how this happened when I have a food blog. But anyways, we were digging around for anything we could find. Never mind the fact that we live less than five minutes from the grocery store.
In the end, we ended up with something to eat and I ended up with a new recipe to share because of it. Maybe that should happen more often?
Ehh, maybe not. I like to eat.
The great thing about these is that you use tortillas instead of pizza dough. The tortillas act like a little shell, holding all of the delicious filling inside. The tortilla gets nice and crispy too. It’s just like eating a pizza, but way quicker than making one or ordering one. You can make these a little healthier by using whole wheat tortillas, low-fat cheese, turkey pepperonis, or replace the pepperonis with some chopped veggies.
To make these you will need a cup or circular cookie cutter to cut circles from each tortilla. I used larger burrito sized tortillas, so I got about four circles from each one. You want to make sure the tortilla crust is big enough just to go up the edges of each muffin cup a little. After you have all 12 circles cut, just press each one down in the pan, top with the sauce, mozzarella cheese, and toppings of choice.
These little pizza bites are also kid-friendly and can be a good way to sneak some veggies in too if you decide to use them. These are great for a little snack or you can just make a meal out of them. Enjoy!
Mini Tortilla Crust Pizza
- 3-4 large tortillas I used burrito size
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese depending on how cheesy you like them
- 48 mini turkey pepperonis
- Optional: Diced bell pepper sliced olives, Italian seasoning, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a cup or circular cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from the tortillas making sure the circles are big enough to go a little up the edge of each muffin cup.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce to each tortilla crust, then evenly distribute the cheese and toppings of choice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with Italian seasoning (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Tablespoon