These Mini Pecan Pies are easy to make and can also be made ahead of time. These are the perfect mini treat for Thanksgiving too!
These Mini Pecan Pies are the final pie recipe I wanted to share with you before Thanksgiving. It started with this delicious pumpkin pie recipe and now we’re moving on to these delicious Mini Pecan Pies because you really can’t go wrong with a mini dessert. Right? Not only are these mini pies extremely easy to make, but they’re also a great dessert that people can just grab and enjoy.
And these mini pies also freeze really well! I’ve included notes in the recipe for how to freeze them, so you can make these ahead of time if you need to.
You’ll start with a pie crust, you can either use a store-bought pie crust or make your own. If you’ve never made your own pie crust before, I have everything you need to know in this post for how to make your own! I promise making your own pie crust is much easier than you may think. You’ll roll the dough and then cut out 12 circles. I have a 3-inch cookie cutter that I used to cut the circles out. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, a glass or anything similar will work just fine.
Just a note, make sure that your dough comes up the sides of each muffin cavity just a little bit. You may need to stretch each piece of dough some before you put it into the muffin cavities. The filling should stay completely within each piece of pie dough.
You’ll mix up the pecan pie filling and fill each piece of dough with 1 tablespoon of the filling. I strongly urge you to make sure not to overfill each piece of dough. If your pecan pie filling ends up coming over the edges of the dough, it will make a big mess when you bake these little pies. It should look just like the picture above in the muffin pan.
This recipe will make 12 mini pecan pies, but you can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd. Enjoy!
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 and ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pie dough out into a 12-inch circle. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter (or glass), cut out 12 circles from the dough. Place each piece of dough in each muffin cavity of a 12-count muffin pan, making sure each piece comes up the sides just a little bit (you may need to stretch the dough just a bit). Transfer the muffin pan to the refrigerator while you making the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract until fully combined; then mix in the chopped pecans. Remove the muffin pan from the refrigerator. Evenly distribute the filling (about 1 full tablespoon) between all 12 muffin cavities, making sure the pecan pie filling does not come up over the edges of the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until the filling is set. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the mini pecan pies from the muffin pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love mini pies? Here are a couple more recipes to try!