This mango guacamole makes a fun appetizer for any party and comes together in just a few minutes! Serve it with some tortilla chips for a quick and easy appetizer or snack.
If I had to pick one of my favorite things to eat, aside from dessert, it would have to be avocados. I always buy several when we go grocery shopping and add them to salads during the week, use them to make guacamole, and even incorporate them into my dinners. To say I love avocados would probably be an understatement.
Because I usually buy several on the weekend, I’m always trying to find different ways to use them. I’ve always loved the combination of mangos and avocados, so I figured why not make a guacamole out of it?
I have to say that I think I found a new favorite way to use avocados with this recipe! The pieces of mango in this dip pair perfectly with the creamy avocados.
This guacamole is perfect served with some tortilla chips and makes a great appetizer to bring along to parties for the summer.
Since I’m not a huge fan of chopped onions in guacamole I used onion powder in this recipe. However, you can feel free to omit the onion powder and use some chopped onion if you like. I also added half of a jalapeño and just removed the seeds to make it a little less spicy. The jalapeño is optional, but gives it a little extra flavor!
- 3 medium ripe avocados halved, peeled, and pitted
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 mango peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, add the avocados and mash well. Mix in the lime juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the jalapeño and mango and mix until fully combined.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container (cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent browning) until ready to serve.
Do you love avocados too? Here are a few more fun ways to use them!