A delicious and easy crockpot turkey chili recipe. Perfect for those nights when you want dinner ready as soon as you get home!
I’m back with another delicious and easy crockpot recipe for you all! It all started with this crockpot apple butter and now.. this crockpot turkey chili! My crockpot has been getting some major use lately and I’m definitely not complaining. I’m just praying that my crockpot has lot of life left in it because I foresee a lot of this turkey chili over the next few months.
In my opinion, there’s really nothing better than coming home to a dinner that’s already warm and waiting for you in the crockpot. I’ve been making crockpot turkey chili for a couple of years now and absolutely love it. The only prep work you have to do with this chili is to cook the onion and ground turkey ahead of time. I prefer to cook the turkey the night before and then throw all of the ingredients into the crockpot on my lunch break. It doesn’t get much easier than that folks.
Another thing I love about chili recipes is how versatile they can be too. Not a fan of black beans? Switch them out for another kind you like! Don’t like ground turkey? Swap it out for some lean ground beef instead. I’m actually a fan of the ground turkey in this recipe because you really can’t taste the difference. I can promise that even picky eaters will love this chili!
This chili is delicious topped with a little cheese and served with a side of cornbread. Or if you’re like my husband, put it on top of a big pile of fritos.
I’m also going to pretend like I knew that it was National Chili Week and posted it this week on purpose. Read: I had no clue. But, if you’re looking for more chili inspiration head on over to my friend Sarah’s blog. She’s posting a new chili recipe each day this week and they all look delicious so far! Enjoy!
- 1.25 lbs. lean ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 29oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare crockpot by spraying well with cooking spray or lining with a crockpot liner.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook until it is browned, making sure to break it up as you cook it.
- Add the turkey and onion to the bottom of the crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients on top and stir well to combine.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!