These Strawberry, Almond, and Honey Goat Cheese Crostini are so easy to make and perfect for summer!
Have you ever tried mixing honey with goat cheese? It may sound a little weird, or maybe not at all, but it is absolutely delicious! The first time I tried it a few years ago I was instantly hooked. It’s so good I could literally just eat it by the spoonful.
Not that I’ve done that or anything… But seriously.
It also pairs really well with fruit, which is what inspired the idea for this recipe. For a little extra flavor and crunch I also topped them off with some chopped almonds, which I absolutely loooovvvveee! I think you will too.
For the almonds, I used my absolute favorite brand – Blue Diamond Almonds. Every single flavor they make is delicious and when it comes to choosing a favorite, I really can’t choose. For these crostini I decided to top them with their Toasted Coconut flavor because it pairs so well with the goat cheese and fruit. If you’re looking for another flavor option, Lightly Salted Blue Diamond Almonds are also a great choice!
As for the fruit, I went with some sliced strawberries because I literally can’t get enough of them. You could easily swap the strawberries out for your favorite fruit, any type of berry would work well with these!
These feel so cute and fancy, but their actually incredibly easy to make! These crostini are best served once you make them, but you can easily make everything ahead of time and then just simply assemble everything right before you serve them.
My husband and I literally could not stop eating these. That’s when you KNOW you have a good recipe. These crostini are such a perfect appetizer to make for entertaining during the summer too! I plan to make another batch next time we have friends and family over this summer.
Strawberry, Almond, and Honey Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 French baguette sliced into 1/2" thick pieces (about 30 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut Blue Diamond Almonds chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sliced pieces of bread on the prepared baking sheet and brush each one lightly with the olive oil. Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add the goat cheese and honey to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the goat cheese and honey until smooth.
- Spread the honey goat cheese on each piece of toasted bread, top each one with a couple sliced strawberries, and the chopped Toasted Coconut Blue Diamond Almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Live Well, Bake Often possible!