Use up leftover quinoa with these fun and easy quinoa pizza bites. Kid friendly and they make a great snack or appetizer!
It’s 2015 and I realize that I do not have one single recipe with quinoa on my blog. Whaaat? Honestly I really don’t eat quinoa very often, but lately, I’ve been trying to find ways to use it more. It’s not that I don’t like quinoa, it’s actually pretty good. But sometimes I’m not really sure what to make when it comes to cooking with it, so I’ve been trying to find more creative ways to use it lately.
Well, friends, I found a fun way to cook with it. Just make it into pizza! Weird? Maybe. But if you love quinoa and pizza then these are a real treat.
These quinoa pizza bites are actually a great way to use up any leftover quinoa that you might have on hand. You’ll need 1 and 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa to make these. I prefer to cook my quinoa in chicken broth for a little extra flavor, but water will work as well.
I kept these kind of simple, with a little parmesan, mozzarella, and mini pepperonis. These are easily customizable, so you can feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings as well. These would be fun to make with kids because they’re easy to throw together and they’re mini, which automatically makes them cuter.
Serve these up with a side of marinara sauce for a quick and easy snack or appetizer! Enjoy!
Quinoa Pizza Bites
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mini pepperonis
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a mini muffin pan well with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between the mini muffin cavities (you should end up with about 18-20) and gently press it down.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve with marinara sauce.