These pepperoni breadsticks are a great appetizer or snack for kids and adults. These breadsticks are great dipped in marinara sauce or ranch and are a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
These breadsticks come to you courtesy of my husband and one of the first things he learned to cook in Life Skills in high school. I’ve known my husband for over eight years now, just typing that makes me feel old. He’s talked about these breadsticks off and on over the years, but guess what? He’s never made them for me before! I know, crazy right?
So the other day when I kept picking his brain for recipe ideas he said: “What about those breadsticks?!”. What?! Yes! After that, we were on a mission to find the breadsticks he uses in this recipe. You guys. I’ve never seen breadsticks in a can before, please tell me I’m not alone. Our usual grocery store didn’t carry them, so I began to wonder if these things even existed. Breadsticks in a can? What?
My husband swore up and down that they existed, so I went along with it trying to be a nice wife. Honestly, I didn’t believe him and thought he was mistaken for something else. But, lo and behold the next grocery store we went to had some. While Josh basked in his glory that he was actually right I was excited to try these little breadsticks.
These breadsticks really are so easy to make it’s almost crazy. Just unroll your breadsticks, place the pepperonis down one half, fold the other half over the pepperonis, pinch the ends together, and twist! Top with a little mix of parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning and bake for 10-12 minutes! Easy, right?
These are really good dipped in some marinara sauce or even ranch dressing would work too! It almost feels like you’re eating a slice of pizza with an extra doughy crust. The crust is one of my favorite parts of pizza and we all know how much my little Italian heart loves pizza. Now, go find you some breadsticks in a can (they do exist) and bake some of these! You won’t regret it.
- 1 11 ounce can Pillsbury breadsticks
- 36 pepperonis*
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Unroll the breadsticks from the can and separate each one.
- Lay three pepperonis down half of each breadsticks, making sure to leave a little room at the end. Fold the other half over the pepperonis, pinch the two ends together well, then twist once halfway.
- Sprinkle the parmesan mixture evenly over all 12 breadsticks.
- Baked for 10-12 minutes or until the outside is lightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to five days. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.