Peanut Butter Cup Pudding Pops
Peanut butter popsicles topped with magic shell and mini peanut butter cups. These Peanut Butter Cup Pudding Pops are a delicious and easy summer treat!
You didn’t think I would post a magic shell recipe and then not post a way to use it, did you? Even though magic shell is amazing topped on ice cream, it’s also amazing when you dip popsicles in it too. Like these peanut butter cup pudding pops!
The best thing about these is that the peanut butter popsicles only require 3 ingredients. THREE ingredients. Then you’ll mix up some magic shell, which is just two ingredients. The mini peanut butter cups can be left off, but I loved them on these popsicles.
That’s a total of 6 ingredients and they literally take 10 minutes of prep time. The hardest part is just waiting for them to freeze, but trust me when I say that they are so worth it.
The base of the recipes starts with some instant vanilla pudding mix. If you’ve never had a pudding pop, then you really have to give these a try. Pudding pops are so darn easy and they’re so creamy and delicious too. All you have to do is mix up the instant pudding, mix in some peanut butter, then pour (or pipe) it into the popsicle molds and let it freeze for a few hours.
If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can use some small paper cups instead. But I will say that having a popsicle mold is a great investment, especially during the summer months. I purchased my popsicle mold for about $10-$15 from Amazon, but you can probably find one even cheaper at a store.
The chocolate magic shell coating on these popsicles is really the perfect touch, so don’t leave it off! It’s firm enough to stay solid on the cold popsicles, but soft enough to bite into. LOVE IT. You can easily prep the magic shell ahead of time and have it ready to go when the popsicles are finished freezing.
For the mini peanut butter cups on top, I just bought a small bag of them at the store and chopped each one into 4 pieces. You can chop the peanut butter cups however you want, but the smaller pieces will stick better to the popsicles. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cup Pudding Pops
For the peanut butter pudding pops:
- 1 3.4-ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Magic shell
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups chopped into small pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the instant vanilla pudding mix and milk until well combined. Add in the peanut butter and mix until fully combined.
- Pour (or pipe) the pudding into the popsicle molds, making sure to leave a little room at the top of the molds. You should end up with about 8. Insert wooden sticks into the popsicles and transfer to the freezer to freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the popsicles from the freezer and run the popsicle mold under a little warm water to help release them from the mold. Remove the popsicles, dip each one into the magic shell, then immediately top with the chopped peanut butter cups. Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to try my Coconut Pineapple Ice Pops next!