These Chocolate Espresso Almond Clusters are filled with semi-sweet chocolate, espresso powder, and crunchy almonds. These clusters are perfect for an easy dessert or snack!
I think that every Monday should involve chocolate. Actually, every Monday should involve some chocolate and coffee. So today I’m bringing you these easy Chocolate Espresso Almond Clusters!
The idea for these clusters actually came from some chocolate covered coffee beans one of my coworkers brought to work one day. While I don’t drink a lot of coffee, I do love the combination of chocolate and coffee together. There’s something about the combination of the two that is just irresistible.
The recipe starts out with some semi-sweet chocolate chips and a little coconut oil. You’ll melt the two together in the microwave until the mixture is nice and smooth. You can leave out the coconut oil, but I prefer to add it to help keep the chocolate from seizing in the microwave. You can also use vegetable or canola oil if you don’t have any coconut oil on hand.
Once the mixture is smooth, you’ll mix in some espresso powder. I ordered my espresso powder online, it’s perfect to use in chocolate desserts because it enhances the flavor of the chocolate. If you can’t find any (or don’t want to order it online), you can just use instant coffee granules instead. Keep in mind that if you do use instant coffee granules, the granules aren’t quite as fine as espresso powder. However, you can easily grind the instant coffee granules up a little to make them finer if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the instant coffee granules to your personal preference.
Lastly, you’ll mix in some almonds. For the almonds in this recipe, I always use Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds. I love every single flavor of Blue Diamond Almonds, but when it comes to making recipes like these clusters the Whole Natural Almonds are my favorite. Speaking of Blue Diamond, did you know that they’re also helping fuel team USA Swimming athletes and are the official snack nut of the organization? I think these little clusters would be a perfect snack for them too!
Lastly, you’ll scoop out the clusters and refrigerate them until the chocolate has hardened. Soooooo ridiculously easy and so good too. The espresso powder adds a little hint of coffee flavor to these clusters but isn’t too overpowering. These clusters are also perfect for an easy snack and energy boost. You can even substitute dark chocolate in this recipe too!
The beauty of making almond clusters is that you can scoop them out however big you like and they don’t have to look perfect! I scooped out small-medium sized clusters and ended up with about 20. It’s also best to leave these in the refrigerator so the chocolate stays hardened and they’re absolutely delicious cold too. Enjoy!
Chocolate Espresso Almond Clusters
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder adjust to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds
- Optional: Sea salt for topping
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20-30 second increments, making sure to stir well after each increment, until completely melted and smooth.
- Mix in the espresso powder until fully combined, taste and adjust to your personal preference.
- Add the Whole Natural Blue Diamond Almonds and mix until all of the almonds are fully coated with the chocolate.
- Scoop out clusters onto the prepared baking sheet and top with sea salt if desired. Once you have used all of the mixture, transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and allow to chill for 45 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Store clusters in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Blue Diamond Almonds understand what it takes to be the best. That’s why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Swimming. Visit www.LaneToGreatness.com for a chance to win $5,000 to fuel your dreams of greatness (whatever they may be), get Blue Diamond Almonds coupons and recipes, and more!
More ways to use Blue Diamond Almonds.