An easy one pot dish that’s ready in about 15 minutes. This Mexican Rice is perfect served alongside almost any dinner too!
So after a few weeks off from blogging, I’m back with a fun and easy recipe for you all. As much as I love cooking and baking, it was nice to take a few weekends off and enjoy other things. But I’m happy to be back and sharing this recipe with you all because Josh and I have been eating this rice like crazy!
I made this rice several weeks ago and I’ve made it several times since then, which is saying a lot. Besides how delicious this rice tastes, I love how quick and easy it is to make too. I actually timed myself making this rice (that’s totally normal.. right?) and it took about 15 minutes to make. The hardest part is simply chopping a little bit of an onion to add to it! See? Told you it was easy.
This rice is great served alongside almost any dish, but we really love it with this chicken tamale pie. If you haven’t tried that recipe yet, I definitely recommend it too. We have it at least once every other week in our house and it’s pretty easy to make as well.
You can even make this rice ahead of time, store it in the refrigerator, and enjoy it throughout the week! Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups instant white rice (I use Minute Rice)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the instant rice to the skillet and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and salsa to the rice and stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from the heat. Cover with a lid and set aside until all of the liquid has absorbed about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Taste of Home