Learn how to make your own homemade honey peanut butter with this easy recipe! You only need a couple of ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make this simple homemade version.
I realized the other day that I’ve posted quite a few recipes that use peanut butter. Then it hit me.. I’ve never posted about how to make homemade peanut butter!
Believe it or not, it’s extremely easy to make your own peanut butter right at home. All you need are some peanuts, a little oil (if you prefer it to be creamier), and a food processor or high-speed blender. That’s it!
This easy homemade peanut butter recipe requires just one ingredient: peanuts! I prefer to use honey roasted because they have a better flavor and taste delicious.
You can also add a little oil (vegetable or canola) if you prefer a creamier honey peanut butter.
How to Make Honey Peanut Butter
First thing’s first, you want to use a good food processor or blender to get started. Then, toss some peanuts into the food processor. You can feel free to use more peanuts if you want more peanut butter (I used two cups for this recipe).
Next, set your food processor (or blender) on high and let it go! I always stop my food processor every minute or so to scrape the sides down and to give it a rest.
I took a few pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like during the peanut butter process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does Homemade Peanut Butter Last?
You can store this honey roasted peanut butter in your fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.
Do I Have to Use Honey Roasted Peanuts?
No, you can use any type of peanut you’d like. If using plain peanuts, I recommend buying pre-roasted peanuts for the most flavor.
Can I Substitute Another Nut?
Yes! You can make most nut butters at home using the method listed in the recipe card below. Just keep in mind that some nuts are harder than others, so your prep times will vary depending on which nut you use.
- I added about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of oil to mine to make my homemade peanut butter a little bit creamier. However, if you prefer it to be a little thicker you can simply leave out the oil.
- I used 2 cups of peanuts to make this honey peanut butter, but this recipe can be scaled up or down as needed.
- Note that homemade peanut butter isn’t always the best for baking since it tends to separate in baked goods. But it’s great for spreading onto toast, sandwiches, and so on!
Some Peanut Butter Desserts to Try!
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade Honey Peanut Butter
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- ½- 1 teaspoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- Add peanuts to a food processor or high-speed blender and process, scraping down the sides as needed.
- If you prefer a creamier peanut butter, add in 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Once the peanut butter has reached your desired consistency, transfer to an airtight container.