Candy Corn Peanut Bark
White chocolate topped with candy corn and peanuts. This Candy Corn Peanut Bark is the perfect Halloween treat!
Have you ever tried candy corn and peanuts together? The first Halloween that my husband and I had started dating, he bought a huge bag of candy corn and a container of peanuts and threw them in a container and shook it up.
My first question? Umm.. what are you doing?
He looked at me confused. Then informed me that candy corn and peanuts together taste like a PayDay, which just so happens to be one of his favorite candy bars. I was skeptical, but decided to try it out. You guys. It really does taste just like a PayDay, plus you can make a huge batch of it in like 10 seconds. It’s kind of become a Halloween tradition around our house now.
So when I saw some candy corn at the store, I figured it would work great on some bark. Then it struck me to add some peanuts to it too. Chocolate, peanuts, and candy corn are a match made in heaven. It’s the perfection combination of sweet and salty.
This recipe is perfect for using up leftover candy corn (does that even happen?) or for anyone who just loves candy corn. Just be warned, it won’t last long.
- I used white chocolate in this recipe, but if you’re not a fan of it then feel free to use semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, or even dark chocolate. I used Baker’s brand white chocolate for this recipe and I always use it when making bark.
- I find that melting white chocolate in the microwave can be a little difficult sometimes, so I suggest using a double boiler. Don’t have one? Neither do I. Instead, I add about an inch of water to a small pot, then put a heat-proof bowl that’s a little larger on top. My friend Sara has a great tutorial for how to do that here.
Candy Corn Peanut Bark
- 12 ounces white chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Add the white chocolate to a double boiler (or microwave safe bowl, if microwaving) and melt until completely smooth. If you do use a microwave, I suggest microwaving it in 20-30 second increments and stirring well after each increment.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and evenly spread it out into a large rectangle.
- Evenly distribute the candy corn and peanuts on top and gently press them down into the chocolate.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has completely harden. Use a knife to cut the bark into pieces.
Love candy corn? Try my Candy Corn Pretzel Bites next!
My parents always set out a big bowl of candy corn and peanuts mixed together. I always thought the combo was weird too, but now I love it! This bark looks fantastic, Danielle! Such a fun fall treat!
It sounds weird, but it’s definitely good! Thanks, Gayle!
I would never have thought to combine candy corn with peanuts! I love the idea! This bark would be great for Halloween gift bags!
These remind me of Paydays that have gone through a Halloween makeover…I guess it’s the peanuts added? I actually really enjoy Paydays which is strange because I don’t normally like nuts added to my sweets. I like how these are super easy to make!
I’m the same way about nuts in sweets, but I do love PayDays!
This is so festive and so easy to make! Sure to be a crowd pleaser and also seems like a great option for a Halloween party 🙂
This candy corn peanut bark sounds delicious!! Definitely perfect for the candy corn lovers 🙂
This is such a fun and festive Halloween treat! I love PayDay bars, but haven’t had one in so long. The sweet-salty combo is the best!
I agree, sweet and salty is definitely the best 🙂
That seriously sounds like the BEST combination of sweet and salty ever! I’m a little concerned that I would end up eating the entire batch of this bark, really just because of the fact that it looks TOO darn good! I’m totally a white chocolate kinda girl! 🙂
It’s definitely hard to stop at just one piece! Thanks, Sarah 🙂
This bark is so fun and festive! I’ve never tried candy corn and peanuts before and love that you combined them together with white chocolate! It sounds amazing and I love the sweet and salty combo!
Haha, I’ve done the candy corn and peanut butter thing once but never just to munch on. This bark is SO much fun and perfect for all that leftover candy!
I definitely need to try candy corn and peanut butter too!
It’s the best combo. I’ve always loved it! The bark looks perfect. Heating white chocolate is tricky, so I always use the stove!
This bark looks delicious, Danielle! Love the mix of sweet and salty flavours – one of my favourite combos! Love the festive colour – such a fun recipe, that’s perfect for Halloween! 🙂
That is the only way I’ll eat candy corn!! This bark, pure amazingness. I want it all!
This totally makes sense to me ! For one, I love Payday bars, and I think th epeanuts would be the perfect thing to tone down the sweetness here. This looks like such a delicious sweet & salty treat!
They just go so well together! Thanks, Marcie 🙂
I’ve never tried that before, but I love Paydays! And sweet and salty everything! This bark looks amazing!
Goodness, this sounds good! I have not had a Payday in the longest time – and I love that candy bar! Brava to hubby for the great idea! And brava to you for this awesome bark!
Thank you, Annie!
YUM!!! Candy corn is my fave! This bark looks awesome Danielle! I need to whip up a batch for Saturday!
Thanks, Mariah! I think you’d love it 🙂
No I have never tried this combination but I am pretty sure it tastes amazing! what a perfect treat for Halloween!
I love every kind of chocolate bark, especially this one! Love that you used white chocolate – my fav!!
Thanks, Jessica! White chocolate is definitely the best 🙂
Love candy corn and peanuts! This is perfect for Halloween!
Now I have got to try this combo! I love sweet and salty : )