Making your own taquitos right at home couldn’t be any easier with these buffalo chicken taquitos! Serve these taquitos for dinner or even an appetizer.
It’s kind of become a tradition for us to eat taquitos while we watch The Walking Dead, and since the new season started we’ve reinstated taquito night. We’re such rebels, I know.
Ever since making my baked cream cheese chicken taquitos, my husband has been on a mission to make every kind of taquito imaginable. Some of his ideas have been a little, well, crazy or off the wall. But when he mentioned a buffalo version I knew he had come up with a winner.
These taquitos are kind of a fusion of my buffalo chicken dip and these taquitos, which are two of the more popular recipes on my site. I can’t blame you all though, I love both of these recipes too because they’re delicious. So I got to work in the kitchen to combine both of these dishes and the end result was pretty incredible.
These taquitos are a little healthier than the store-bought versions since they’re baked instead of fried. Also knowing that there’s actual meat in them too is always a good thing, right? You can definitely taste the buffalo sauce in these taquitos, but I can assure you they’re not too spicy. These taquitos are perfect dipped in a little ranch too. Ranch is always necessary.
These taquitos make a great quick dinner option because they’re easy to put together and only need to bake for about 15 minutes. These would make a great appetizer for football season too. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese or your favorite kind
- 1 clove garlic minced (1/2 tsp.)
- 10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or spray well with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and buffalo sauce and mix until smooth. Add the chicken, cheese, and garlic and stir until fully combined.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp. of the mixture into each tortilla and roll tightly. Place each taquito seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!