Three ingredient carrot cake cookies with a smooth and delicious cream cheese frosting. These cookies are perfect for carrot cake lovers and Easter!
My husband is the type of person that can pass up almost any kind of dessert with chocolate. There’s a part of me that doesn’t understand it at all. I feel like chocolate is one of those things that I just have to have sometimes. But then the other part of me is totally okay with him not liking chocolate desserts. Because that just means more chocolate for me.
There are a couple kinds of desserts that the man just can’t pass up though. Carrot cake? It doesn’t stand a chance around him. Or me.
But let’s be honest, I love any kind of dessert. Including these cookies.
To make this recipe a little easier, I used my favorite cake mix cookie recipe. That’s right, these cookies are made from a cake mix. A box of carrot cake mix, 1/3 cup oil, and 2 eggs. Simply mix everything together and bake for 11-12 minutes. Cookies = done.
Just a word of advice, the dough for these cookies will be a bit sticky so I suggest using a cookie scoop if you have one. I smoothed the tops of the cookies out some to make them a little prettier, but it’s not necessary. Especially if you’re just going to eat them all anyways, right?
You can either make the frosting ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to use or make it while the cookies are cooling. Just be sure to set your butter and cream cheese out on the counter ahead of time, so they are nice and soft and ready to be mixed.
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 box (15.25 oz) carrot cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silipat mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the carrot cake mix, oil, and eggs until well combined. Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough (about 2 tablespoons each) on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or handheld mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the confectioners sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Once the cookies have cooled, evenly distribute the frosting on the flat side of half of the cookies. Place the other half of the cookies, flat side down, on top of the frosting.