These Salted Caramel Almond Turtles are easy to make and delicious. Top them off with a sprinkle of sea salt for a treat that everyone will love!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make this blog possible.
Over the past year or so of blogging, I’ve come to realize one thing. I really love baking and creating new things. While I enjoy cooking and eating healthier, baking is something that I will always love.
Whenever I’ve had a bad day, I just come home and bake. It’s something I find so relaxing and a great way for me to be creative.
So when I had the opportunity to use these Salted Caramel Almonds, I was excited to get a little creative and make something with them. I actually already have a container sitting at my desk that I snack on at work. To say these almonds are addicting is an understatement because they are seriously delicious!
I wanted to create these into something that was easy, fun and tasted delicious. So I decided to play around with the caramel idea and make some turtles out of them.
You’ll start by making clusters of almonds, then top them with some caramel. Since I wanted these to be easier, I used caramel candies and a little heavy cream for the caramel in this recipe. Easy, right? Then top them off with some melted chocolate and a little sea salt.
I prefer to use a double boiler when melting the caramel candies and chocolate, but you can certainly use the microwave instead to make it a little easier. If you do use the microwave, just be sure to microwave in 15-30 second increments and stir well each time.
The sea salt on top of these is totally optional but definitely recommended. The combination of sweet and salty in these little bites are absolutely incredible!
Salted Caramel Almond Turtles
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds
- 24 soft caramel candies unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 ounces dark or milk chocolate roughly chopped
- Optional: Sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds in clusters of 5 on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the caramel candies and heavy cream in a double boiler until the mixture is smooth. Drop spoonfuls of the caramel on top of each almond cluster and set aside to cool.
- While the caramel is cooling, melt the chopped chocolate in the double boiler. Once completely melted, drop spoonfuls of the chocolate on top of the caramel almond clusters. If the chocolate doesn't fall down the sides, use the back of the spoon to spread it around a bit. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden for about 30-45 minutes.