This healthy homemade granola is easy to mix up and bake. With only one tablespoon of oil in the whole recipe and sweetened with pure maple syrup, it’s also good for you. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make your own granola!
The great thing about granola is that you can really mix in whatever ingredients you like. I added sliced almonds and cranberries to this one, but you could easily swap out the almonds for another nut and the cranberries for something else. This granola can easily be made vegan by omitting the egg white. The taste will still be exactly the same, however, it will not cluster as well. You can also make this granola gluten free by using gluten free oats.
You can serve this granola over some yogurt with fruit added in, with milk, or just eat it by the handful. Not that I would know anything about that. After making this batch of granola, I have about a million different ideas for new granola recipes. But for now, I’ll go ahead and share this delicious one with you all. Enjoy!
Healthy Homemade Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats*
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. oil*
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- **Optional - 1 egg white see note
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl mix together oats, sliced almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring well to make sure everything is evenly coated. Spread mixture on baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow granola to cool completely on pan, then add in the dried cranberries.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days.
* Can use canola, vegetable, or coconut oil.
* This granola does not cluster well due to a lack of egg white. If you like clusters, you can simply add one egg white to the mixture. There is no need to stir the granola if adding the egg white. Just press onto the pan and remove from oven after about 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the pan and break into clusters. Please note, this will no longer make the granola vegan.