A simple and easy to make blackberry lemonade recipe that’s perfect for spring or summer!
Now that the weather is getting warmer and really humid, I’ve been finding myself wanting to make more homemade drinks. After spotting a package of blackberries at the store last week, I immediately knew I needed to try a blackberry lemonade. So I grabbed a bag of lemons to whip up a batch.
Just like the strawberry limeade recipe I posted a few weeks ago, this one is also easy to make. I think the hardest part of making this recipe is just squeezing the lemons. But let’s be honest, it’s definitely worth it for homemade lemonade. It beats the store bought version any day!
The thing that I love most about making lemonades/limeades at home, is that you can control the amount of sweetness/tartness and adjust it to your preference. If you prefer it a little sweet, just add a bit more sugar. If you prefer it a little less strong, you can also add a bit more water.
This recipe is easy to make, with just four ingredients. You’ll start by making a simple syrup, blending the blackberries, and then adding everything to a large pitcher. This is a great drink to make ahead of time and keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. I think the longer this blackberry lemonade is refrigerated, the better it tastes!
I made a few batches of this last week and also took a small pitcher to my Mom’s house for Mother’s Day. My niece tried some and told me that she loved it. We all know how brutally honest young kids can be too, so this recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 5 cups water divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 and 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- To make the simple syrup, add one cup of the water and the cup of sugar to a large saucepan. Heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has fully dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the blackberries to a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds.
- Add the simple syrup, blackberry juice, remaining 4 cups of cold water, and fresh lemon juice to a large pitcher. Mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More drink recipes from friends!
Sensational Strawberry Lemon Slush from The Recipe Rebel
Passion Fruit Tea from Maebells
Blackberry Mint Mojitos from Tastes Lovely