These garlic parmesan roasted potatoes are simple to make and are the perfect side dish to any dinner. These potatoes are just as crispy and delicious as fried potatoes, but much healthier!
This whole kitchen remodel is beginning to really test my patience, or lack thereof. Remember how I mentioned doing the countertops a few weekends ago? Yeah, never happened. The countertops never came in or weren’t order, so now I’m stuck with countertops that are halfway torn apart.
We did get new flooring though! The only bad part is that we damaged the floor the next day moving the appliances back into the kitchen. My new stainless steel refrigerator has some lovely scratches across the front too. That’s a story I’ll save for later. I’m just beginning to think my kitchen is cursed.
The only good news right now is that my oven is back in the kitchen! I’m not kidding when I say it felt like the longest two days of my life. Naturally, I had to put my oven to good use. Let’s just say I’m glad that I did. I’ve been baking red potatoes for years now, but wanted to switch things up. My potatoes are usually boring. You know just some oil, salt, and pepper. So boring.
What’s not boring are these garlic parmesan roasted potatoes. Oh. My. Word. It took every ounce of self control I had not to eat the entire batch when I was taking these pictures. It also took every ounce of self control Benji had too. I had to crop his nose out of 90% of these pictures. I’ll spare you the behind the scene pictures of these potatoes. Heh.
So anyways, these potatoes. Life changing. These potatoes are tossed with some oil, freshly mined garlic, along with other seasonings then baked to a golden perfection. Once they’re done let them cool a few minutes then toss them with some freshly grated parmesan and garnish with some chopped parsley to make them pretty. Amazing.
Plain boring potatoes are a thing of the past, trust me.
- 5-6 medium-large red potatoes (approximately 1.5 lb.)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup. freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (for garnish - optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes well. Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then again. Cut each section into 3-4 chunks. Use a paper towel to pat potatoes dry.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper making sure they are fully coated.
- Spread potatoes evenly across baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Toss potatoes with the freshly grated parmesan cheese, garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately.