This cinnamon raisin granola is easy to make and can easily be made vegan and gluten free. If you love oatmeal raisin cookies, then you’ll absolutely love this granola!
Ever since I made my first granola recipe for the blog I’ve been thinking of other ideas for different flavor variations. The thought of a cinnamon raisin granola was the first that came to mind. This granola is full of healthy ingredients and doesn’t contain any pesky preservatives that are in many store bought granolas. Making granola at home is much easier than you think, just five minutes of mixing ingredients together and then the oven does the rest of the work. Easy enough, right?
I also put a decent amount of cinnamon in this recipe too because I wanted the cinnamon to really shine in this granola. If you really love cinnamon, you can feel free to increase the amount a little more. Granola is so versatile, you can easily add any extra ingredients into the mix like sliced almonds, chopped nuts, chocolate covered raisins maybe? Definitely trying the chocolate covered raisins out next time I make this granola, because it will be made again very soon!
This granola is great topped on some yogurt, mixed in with a smoothie, or with just some milk. You can make this granola vegan by omitting the egg white, but I prefer to use one because it helps the granola cluster a little better. Also, if you’re wanting to make this gluten free just be sure to use gluten free oats.
If you’re a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies, I guarantee you will love this granola recipe. The maple syrup helps to lightly sweeten the granola and the combination of cinnamon and raisins is insanely good! This granola will also keep for a couple of weeks on the counter, so you can make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week. The best part? You probably have most, if not all of the ingredients to make this granola right now!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (or canola or vegetable oil)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silipat mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and egg white.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well and make sure all of the oats are completely coated.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, lightly stirring about halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely, then add the raisins.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to two weeks.
*To make gluten free be sure to use gluten free oats.
Adapted from Healthy Homemade Granola
Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites (vegan and gluten free)
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars (gluten free)