An easy No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake with an Oreo crust! This no-bake cheesecake makes a perfect dessert for any time of year!
Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I’m all about no-bake desserts. Where I live, you get about 3-4 weeks of Spring and then it turns into 100 degree hot, humid weather until Fall. Occasionally we may have a nice cool day, but for the most part the humidity is always there.. ruining my hair and making me not want to turn on my oven.
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love baking. I feel like the kitchen is my happy place, but sometimes I try to find ways around the oven when it’s insanely hot outside. That’s when no-bake desserts and I become really good friends. Plus, they’re just so darn easy!
I wanted to jam pack as many Oreos as I could into the cheesecake. The base of the cheesecake starts with.. you guessed it.. an Oreo crust! The crust is just a mixture of cookie crumbs and melted butter, which is just pressed into the bottom of the pan.
You can bake the crust for about 8-10 minutes at 350°F if you’re worried about it not holding together too well. But, I never bake the crust and it always holds up just fine. Just make sure to press it down firmly into the pan, I find that the bottom of a measuring cup works really well to help press it down.
And the no-bake cheesecake?! It’s just a mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little vanilla, some whipped topping, and more cookies. I suggest letting the cream cheese softened to room temperature before mixing up the cheesecake filling, so you can avoid any lumps and ensure that everything mixes together easily.
As if that wasn’t enough, I added more crushed Oreos on top. The recipe itself will use about a whole package of cookies, so you can either buy a smaller package to crush up and add on top or just simply leave them off.
I also like to use a springform pan when making this cheesecake because it makes it sooooo much easier to remove it from the pan. I do suggest making this ahead of time because you will need to refrigerate it for several hours so that it firms up some. I prefer to make it the night before so that it’s nice and firm and it’s ready to go the next day!
I actually made one of these to take to Easter at my family’s house a few weekends ago and everyone went crazy over it! I may or may not have had my fair share of this no-bake cheesecake too. But I mean.. just look at it.
- 20 Oreos
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- 15 Oreos, chopped
- 6 Oreos, chopped
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process until all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9" springform pan (you can line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper beforehand to make it easier to remove) and firmly pack it down into one even layer. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the cheesecake.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until very well combined and smooth.
- Add the whipped topping and gently fold it into the mixture until just combined. Add in the chopped Oreos and gently fold them in until just combined.
- Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator and scoop the cheesecake filling onto the crust and gently spread it around into an even layer.
- If using the topping, add the extra chopped Oreos on top and gently press them down a little.
- Cover tightly and transfer back to the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Remove the no-bake cheesecake from the pan, slice and enjoy!
More no-bake recipes!