Classic Zucchini Bread
This Classic Zucchini Bread is perfectly sweet, moist, and delicious! Enjoy this bread plain, with chocolate chips, or even chopped walnuts.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) oil (canola, vegetable, or coconut work well)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 grams) shredded zucchini lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, line with parchment paper for easier removal if desired, and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients and mix until just combined, then gently fold in the chopped walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread into one even layer.
Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes, carefully remove from the pan, and place on the wire rack to finish cooling. Once cooled, slice into pieces and enjoy!
Zucchini bread will keep well at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Make sure to cover tightly with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container.
Zucchini: One medium zucchini is equal to about 1 cup of shredded zucchini.
Chocolate Chips: If you love chocolate in your zucchini bread you can add 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter.
Freezing Instructions: You may also freeze this bread for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. If desired, warm in the microwave or bring to room temperature before serving.